Wood Burning Stoves

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay have you installed your wood stove yet ?
No. :hit The thing is so darn big, this house is so darn small, that I can't make it fit. I had in mind a small wood burning heater, my son showed up with a behemoth that will require a remodeling project to install it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
No. :hit The thing is so darn big, this house is so darn small, that I can't make it fit. I had in mind a small wood burning heater, my son showed up with a behemoth that will require a remodeling project to install it.

Would it hurt your sons feelings if you offered it on CL for a trade with a smaller one?

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert

Yes you can~ you're just struggling at little things~ someone else could walk into the house~ look around and say right there``` The stove deserves a spot, a space~ and a hearth~ I don't remember~ does it have a Glass Door~ you need one~ makes it even more wonderful~ nothing like a stove~ at times~ ya cn cit ther n OOPs and watch the flames~ warm hand~ warm face~ warm feet Oh would ent it beee love a lee```

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It probably wouldn't hurt his feelings, but I really do want to use it. The layout of the living area is stupid small with a couple of walls that get in the way, but they are weight bearing. There is a big bar in the kitchen that I'd like to take out and put in a kitchen island that would double as a table. Then I could put the heater in the corner.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never buy cast iron. When hot, water will crack the stove.