WR's 2017 Spring Garden

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes VR, we do stay busy here... Today I did a bunch of ranch stuff, but I did manage to make Spanish rice with garden tomatoes & peppers as a side for our supper per Mrs. Ranch's request.

Spanish_Rice_061417.jpg

All-in-all, it was an extremely busy day here moving the hay & then moving the cattle...

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha, big difference in your ranch and mine. I just moved the sheep to their night pen, which consisted of shaking a coffee can of feed, shrieking SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEP! and pouring it in their trough. Then walking to the side pasture to the cacophony of BAA BAA BAA BAA and opening the gate, being careful to stay out of their way. They were off and running like the race horses, before I even got the gate latched, they were in their night pen eating their feed.

I got a feeling that moving your cattle is a bit more complicated..... :gig

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Bay, the only difference between you and Ranch is ... all he has to do is go out his back door with a beer in his hand and yell into his mega phone " here bossy cow cow " and a hundred Angus cows and calves come a high tailing it from their small 1000 acre pasture as he pushes a button to open the gate to their loafing shed, and then to chow down on bushels of custom mixed grains delivered by conveyer belt. Ranch, Is that close to your chores other than tending to your garden , harvesting , processing and then cooking a fine dinner or what ?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL Bob (with some exceptions)!!! We raise Limousin (not Angus), I don't have 1000 acres & I use a Gator to round them up.

Also. I rarely drink beer.
Thank you Ranch for clearing up the muddy waters. I should have stated that you had a glass of fine wine, and Linousin catle. Sorry for my error.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Quote w-r-ranch Yes VR, we do stay busy here... Today I did a bunch of ranch stuff, but I did manage to make Spanish rice with garden tomatoes & peppers as a side for our supper per Mrs. Ranch's request.

Rice looks good~I'm guessing that rice is properly cooked from a long arm of experience.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do most of our cooking. Have you ever had 'toasted rice' (the Mexican way)??? It never sticks together... Throw in the right spices/garden stuff & it's a meal in itself. Another version is mixing in a half batch of our 'Salsa Molcajete' with the toasted rice, It's killer.

Salsa_Molcajeteada.jpg

Rice_Salsa_042317.jpg

Last edited: