You want to test seeds for free?

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey I got a box with 2 bags of 3 potato seeds each yesterday too! I planted them last night, both are german in origin so should do well in MN.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG,

Now I cannot remember if I ordered potato seeds LOL :lol:

Ron

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was dying for potatoes... we don't eat them often here... but when we do we roast them or double stuff them with cheese!!! :cool:

kimnkell

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
How is everyone doing? Has there been any more seed arrivals to report?

I was emailed by Dawn D. with the U.S. Dept of Agriculture, she sent me that message in regards to deadlines.

I wrote her back and asked her about those deadlines. Do I simply reregister in the Fall at or prior to those dates in order to participate? She stated that yes, but to send a note directly to her stating that I ordered in the Summer for these deadlines, this way she will fit me in.

I also went ahead and submitted for a Fed-Ex account so that I will pay for my shipping costs. It is the least I can do and I know in my heart if I do not reimburse them someone else is only going to be stuck with it. So far the cost of shipping one pack of seeds is equal to what I would get at the store, maybe a bit less. The difference, I believe, is the availability of unique crop items and trees.

I will probably stay away from using any facilities outside of the U.S., as the shipping would really get outrageous. I will also try not to submit too many 'cuttings' as I do not have that good of a track record for cuttings. I did try some bud grafts this winter with utter and complete failure. I will try again this winter.

OK, oh yes, I got a pack of "Pink Peanuts"....how fun.

Ron

ps, also, if anyone has received stuff from an overseas or out-of-country facility, can you tell us how much the cost was listed on the package? This might sway me to try the other Countries that are listed.
I just ordered some seeds and cuttings a few days ago and I got my first seeds today! Superfast shipping! They were tobacco seeds. My Husband wants to grow tobacco to smoke so he can quit buying cigarettes.lol... I ordered alot of other things too. I can't wait to get them. I did get a letter from them asking if I had another tree to go along with the pecan tree cutting that I had ordered so I told them I didn't have one so just to cancel that request. I can't believe all this is free. I also ordered some perennial broccolli. I didn't know that there was such a thing. Thank You so much for sharing this link!

Kim

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I put in my order a few days ago. I received the letter about apple trees, cherry trees, and grapes - I didn't order any of those...? Anyway, out of 25 different items, the majority are tomatoes....lol. So, those of you that have gotten some of what you ordered - did you get any kind of notification when they were mailed or was it just wait and see what you get in the mail each day?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
I put in my order a few days ago. I received the letter about apple trees, cherry trees, and grapes - I didn't order any of those...? Anyway, out of 25 different items, the majority are tomatoes....lol. So, those of you that have gotten some of what you ordered - did you get any kind of notification when they were mailed or was it just wait and see what you get in the mail each day?
I didnt get a thing just envelope mail things are coming in a bit a time now :) I love this!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, I just check my mail each day and recipe an envelope everynow and then. (Or small box of potatoes!)

I'm waiting on several kinds of onions and cabbage... those I would love to get in the ground soon. Cabbage now, and onions in september.

This is awesome seeing what everyone gets :)

Latest posts