Your First Signs of Spring

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well we had our first sign of Spring when Mr skunk is looking for Love.I hate to tell him but its NOT by our outside furnace!!!!
Whew Wee What a thing to wake up to.:lol:

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I realized it was almost spring when I went outside to feed the animals early in the morning and I didn't want to cry from the cold and my fingers didn't freeze up into a claw from carrying the buckets.:lol:

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
oberhaslikid said:
Well we had our first sign of Spring when Mr skunk is looking for Love.I hate to tell him but its NOT by our outside furnace!!!!
Whew Wee What a thing to wake up to.:lol:
:lol: :gig :yuckyuck

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The poppies are starting to bloom!

I know, I know, my part of California doesn't really have those changing seasons and harsh winters that you all have but it's still nice to go from raining a lot, to raining less, to raining sometimes.

Highs in the 50's and 60's and low's in the 40's. Not safe to plant frost harmed plants out yet but we're almost to March 15th. :tools

Carlos

mandieg4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The geese have returned to my IL's pond and we've seen several flocks heading north.

The Saturday chore is list is getting longer and longer as the weather starts to cooperate.

The chicken pen is nearing completion and babies will be here in a couple weeks.

My kids are insisting that 50* is warm enough to wear flip flops to school.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
mandieg4 said:
The geese have returned to my IL's pond and we've seen several flocks heading north.

The Saturday chore is list is getting longer and longer as the weather starts to cooperate.

The chicken pen is nearing completion and babies will be here in a couple weeks.

My kids are insisting that 50* is warm enough to wear flip flops to school.
That sounds beautiful!

Ladyhawke1 said:
My wallet hurts. :duc
:lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:
My wallet hurts. :duc
True that!! :lol:

Seeds and seed starter stuff....chicks...chick feed, etc...bee stuff...it all seems to hit at once! So glad to have something to dig into right now though. I'm always up for a good project! :cool:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
simple life said:
I realized it was almost spring when I went outside to feed the animals early in the morning and I didn't want to cry from the cold and my fingers didn't freeze up into a claw from carrying the buckets.:lol:
It's a little late to suggest, BUT, I put petroleum jelly on my hands before I put on my chore gloves. By the time March rolls around my unlined leather gloves will float :lol: , since they've absorbed so much of it. MOST IMPORTANTLY, they are infinitely warmer than any other gloves I have, except for the elbow-length rabbit mittens.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My poor back and body. I'm getting my first heavy duty sweat on today. Not quite done either. I'm redigging my blueberry bed today, and going to plant a couple more to give it a try. I'm even adding a raspberry plant as well. Also, putting in a new grape vine my neighbor is giving us, its already 5 years old this year. But we're going to prune it back some. Hoping for grapes next year. (all our berries and grapes died from last year, killed by root destroying voles.)

I've still got this terrible cough, but we're expecting more wet days and cool days this week. Gotta get some of these spring prep in now!

Latest posts