Your First Signs of Spring

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was so nice today we had some friends over with their kids and we playe doutside and planted a bunch more spinach, radish and lettuce in the garden :D :watering

Then we washed the dog and went and bought ice cream! :coolsun

It was only a high of 60, but it felt much warmer.... tomorrow is my daughter's bday party, and its supposed to be 64! Here we come BBQ and ice cream sundaes!!!!! :weee

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Our snow on the driveway and gardens is melting super fast. There was a woodpecker on the big dead tree by the garage this afternoon, and it was so nice out! When I start to see the mud, I know that spring is a comin' LOL..If not here already.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was in the 40's yesterday, so I hiked through the snow, hoping to see some activity at the beehive. I didn't see anything going on, but I hung for awhile and low and behold a bee flew by me and into the hive!!!! I couldn't have been more pleased. I was so worried the bees would not make it through the winter. Yeah!! Spring is coming and the bees survived. You can be sure that made my day!

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hanging out the laundry without freezing your fingers.

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
well the little brat killed my tomato plants

but i went outside today and found a ginger lily and my easter lilies popping out

the easter lily was one that my neighbor was throwing out so i said heck i will plant it and bamyow there are about 10 little babies now

the daffies are already flowering

and it will be close to 70 this week

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My lemon balm is got little green leaves starting back and when I moved a bunch of the old dead leaves around the plant the ground was crawling with "real" ladybugs not them nasty fake ladybugs! I was thrilled to see all of them.

No sun for us today thoug, rain rain rain, but at least it was 40, and with spring comes rain...right! We have rain in the forcast for all week. I am already up to my elbows in mud!

Christie :)

Latest posts