Your First Signs of Spring

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You don't have to straighten up, unless its above 40!!! I love being old- I always say, if I knew it would be so much fun, I would have done it along time ago!!!!

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The surest sign that spring is around the corner arrived at 2 am today ... the neighbors across the street fired up their motorcycle tune up shop. Do they not know what time zone they live in?? :he
Oh well, they shall be reminded.

Other than that noxious weed sprouting, the crazy lady (me)has been wandering around telling her apricots to have patience, it's not time yet. Hate it when they bloom early and then freeze out. And yesterday while I was playing in the dirt, I heard the sandhill cranes heading north!! So if the arrival of the cranes is a sign of spring to anyone, they are on their way. :happy_flower

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ut oh, saw buds on my peach tree and new growth has started on the rose I just planted a week or 2 ago!!! :hu I have a feeling we're not done with cold yet. We just had the snow melt yesterday.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went for a walk yesterday and saw my first dandelion bloom! It was a little lopsided but - there it was, bright yellow and darned early!

This morning at 7:30 it was 28F outdoors, under a blue sky. I didn't have to worry about the greenhouse, the furnace was set for 60 overnight. Heat is automatic, unfortunately ventilation is not.

Two hours later at 9:30 it was over 90 in the greenhouse, in the shade!! Oops.

Steve

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Gaaaa! You guys are driving me crazy with your signs of spring!!! :barnie
We still have TONS of snow left to melt. :rant

Latest posts