Your Other Hobby (s)?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hobbies? Use to have them. Before married life and kids, yes I did have a life outside of work. Remember those days fondly.....

Once married, shopping, fixing houses, went to zoos, Big Brothers, worked with teens at Church. Then someone thought we needed kids. OK, Big Brothers out rest still there. Then kids activities where everything else stopped but work, eat, kids events. Now, kids gone, want to start fishing like I did as kid but not enough to start...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hobbies? Use to have them. Before married life and kids, yes I did have a life outside of work. Remember those days fondly.....

Once married, shopping, fixing houses, went to zoos, Big Brothers, worked with teens at Church. Then someone thought we needed kids. OK, Big Brothers out rest still there. Then kids activities where everything else stopped but work, eat, kids events. Now, kids gone, want to start fishing like I did as kid but not enough to start...
you know seed, i love to pond fish bass,bream,crappie for the big boys love the rivers and lakes.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My favorite to catch and eat are crappie, blue gill and catfish-we caught bull heads. In our area that and carp-threw them in fields for fertilizer-were it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So that's where my hobbies all went. Most of what I do today is with and for the Grands rather than what I personally enjoy doing. Maybe some day. . . . . .

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well @journey11 it seems we have hording craft supplies in common. ;) I also love paper crafting, jewelry making and knitting. Mostly these days I make all my cards, Birthday, wedding, sympathy, thank you, holidays, get well etc... I have gathered lots of supplies for quilts but not doing much. I also knit simple projects like Prayer shawls. I have knit MANY in the last 3 years. I just bought supplies for 2 necklaces. Hope to have one done to wear to class reunion this weekend! I also dabble in photography. Landscape and floral mostly. I also sew. Making gifts and clothing for myself and the boys. I used to enjoy hiking, swimming , etc... age and bad feet took a lot of joy out of a long walk. :( I still enjoy camping as long as I have my camper along. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Origami! That's a hobby I enjoy. I've taught summer school classes in it. I really enjoy the concentration and exact folding needed to make dinosaurs, dragons, dragonflies, grasshoppers, zoo creatures, and diorama-type scenes such as ocean reefs and nativity creches.

Trust me. I know personally how lovely @Carol Dee's home made cards are. Thank you, Carol, for the card and its thoughtful sentiments.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have 4.89 acres.
Wish we would win the lotto to buy the 28 acres next door! =/

I also keep freshwater/tropical fish, koi pond, 3 pet ducks, breed Pot belly pigs, love to draw, paint, sculpt, build things from wood, breed Babydoll sheep that I adore, on n off rescue guinea pigs.
I just love doing random stuff, lol.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hobbies? Hmmm... I think I'm concentrated on fence building with side diversions here and there. I call them projects. Latest project is my grandmothers old metal pantry. She had it as far back as I can remember. I sanded it, painted inside 4 coats of white and painted outside in a copper spray paint. I set it up in bathroom and UNPACKED TWO BOXES!!!

next project is DH's closet, going to build him a 10' closet organizer.

Unpacking boxes is a hobby.

Latest posts