Your tax dollars at work

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I usually laugh like heck watching ancient aliens. That guy with the weird hairdo really comes up with some beauties.

Jack B

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are some people that are waaay waaay out there! :lol: Have you ever read the one about the inner earth? There is a whole 'nother world on the inside of this earth......some people have nothing better to do but make up weird stuff and see how many other people they can get to go along with their stories. :lol:

On the Road to Shamballah....always loved that song...... :gig

http://www.thenewearth.org/InnerEarth.html

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
There are some people that are waaay waaay out there! :lol: Have you ever read the one about the inner earth? There is a whole 'nother world on the inside of this earth......some people have nothing better to do but make up weird stuff and see how many other people they can get to go along with their stories. :lol:

That is just too implausible for me to even consider. I think Jules Verne wrote a book about a journey to the center of the earth about a hundred years ago. Blame him.

Jack B

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
jackb said:
baymule said:

That is just too implausible for me to even consider. I think Jules Verne wrote a book about a journey to the center of the earth about a hundred years ago. Blame him.

Jack B
That's what being bored on cold nasty days with a computer will do for ya'.........clicking on links and finding sites like that. I wonder how many people really believe that stuff? Gardening is a whole lot simpler. :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I fergot where I was!

Oh yea! About 1.75 billion years ago. The Cambrian period was really just getting started. Ya see, up to a certain point, bacteria that are single celled can only evolve so much. Now, the bacteria could have evolved differently if endosymbiosis had not happened. Cells could have clustered, and different species of cells could have joined clusters.

If that had happened, maybe there'd still be things that look like plants, animals, and people, but with a difference:

Each cell type in the body would be made of different species of bacteria. Oh, nice and highly evolved and specialized bacteria cells.

That could have possibly happened, but it didn't. That's just plain the way of it. Something different happened.

=====

See, bacteria cells have their dna mixed up within their cell membranes. k? Almost as though a bacteria cell is by itself its own chromosome, all fattened up and independent.

One Family of bacteria cell species is called SPIROCHETE. These units have been around almost since any bacteria at all have been around. Spirochete bacteria are shaped like a thread, long and twisty. There are bunches of different species of them. Spirochete bacteria are the kind that are like predator or parasite bacteria. These units wiggle in a cell and soak it up. Most are harmless to us. They mostly get other bacteria. (They may one day be used to cure diseases but need a lot of training first). Spirochetes have been doing this ever since the early Cambrian.

The theory or hypothesis is that a Spirochete got into a larger bacteria cell 1.75 or so billion years ago and stayed in there. That larger cell then allowed the Spirochete's dna to mingle with its own, MAYBE BY MEANS OF A VIRUS DOING NATURAL GMO WORK, and then the Spirochete made an inner shell within the larger host cell. That inner shell became the cell nucleus.

=====

See what the big fuss was about in my Biology class? Back in 1972? I was simply not able to believe that something as major as a cell nucleus could be invented spontaneously and identically not once, but twice! So, I was told to sit in the hall. What I was doing was questioning something so deeply accepted that it was not reasonable to be questioned!

We were told there were 2 kingdoms of life on earth. PLANTS...and...ANIMALS. That all things alive were one or the other. I had the audacity to question that, but not just that, but to explain why I questioned it.

Nowadays that grade of life is listed as:

RNA VIRUS
DNA VIRUS
Both the above are questioned as whether they constitute life or not.

PROCARYOTE LIFE These are the many species of Bacteria, small single celled life with no cell nucleus at all, the dna within the membrane.
ARCHAEOTE LIFE These are species of small single celled bacteria that have their dna clustered on an inner bump within their cell membrane. For awhile there, scientists believed these were an intermediate stage of the evolving of the cell nucleus. In that failed hypothesis, archaeotes were viewed as being closer related to more complex life forms. If anything it turns out, they are as distant, or even more distant, having evolved in a direction toward being more advanced bacteria. These are also known as EXTREMOPHILES. Some live in environments hot enough to catch paper on fire, other live in extremely salty conditions, or other minerals, and some live in icy water. These are the units that, well, some live in yellowstone's geysers!
EUCARYOTE LIFE This is what we are. And what Tulips are.What Monkeys are. Starfish, snails, spiders, bees, fish, frogs, turtles, all of us. So are Redwood trees, Ferns, moss, seaweed, and corals. So are Amoebas and flagellates. All it takes to be in the Eucaryote club is to have cells with a true nucleus in each cell. If someone would have even said the word eucaryote in 1972, some scientists would have declared it blasphemy.

So, turns out, having or not having a cell nucleus is what really divides earth life. Not the trick of whether or not the cell can eat light. But, that is still a really important trick!

See, after or simultaneous with cells getting spirochetes for partnering with to make the cell nucleus, some cells also partnered with CYANOBACTERIA light eating cells!

Add to that, all the cells that partnered with Spirochetes to make the nucleus ALSO PARTNERED WITH A REALLY GREAT OTHER METABOLIZER BACTERIA, THE MITOCHONDRIA BACTERIA.

See how complex it is? That's why I love it!

That complex bunch of stuff has to be able to be simplified into discrete events. That is the stage that science is in right now, 2013 at east as far as the average guy consumer of up to the minute science understands it.

Being a child of existence itself should be easy but seems we live on a planet where things eat each other.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
<<< Is an ole neanderthal :throw flower loving hippy. I'm not even sure I agree with me. Bay may well be right. Just not the direction my thinking is leaning at this time though.

:hugs hugs for Bay. She may be right. But my friend who lived 2,000 years ago does not seem to have much talked about it, except maybe that night he had a conversation with Nicodemus. I kinda think my friend understands the way I am, whether or not the scientific thought is right or wrong.

It is a predator world we have. Even herbivores. They are predators of plants. Fungus, most of them are not predators, and some other things aren't, but we are. This ole hippy is not at all wise.

Latest posts