Your tax dollars at work

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Theories are interesting conversations. But no matter what one's beliefs are, life forms had to start with something. Scientists can theorize about the big blast, but where did the matter for the big blast come from? Where did the tiny bubbles come from and where did the liquid they were bubbling around in come from? Where did the particles of proto viruses come from and where did the simplest proteins come from?

I am not as smart as a lot of folks. The Bible says God created the heavens and earth, light and darkness, plants, animals and mankind--all in six days. How long was God's day? 12 hours? 24 hours? A year? A million or billion years? I don't know, nor does anyone else. It has been my experience in life that people who believe themselves to be descended from monkeys, in fact, are. Those who believe themselves to be descended from pond slime, are as well. ;)

Scientists can explain the process, but they still can't say where it came from. Bacteria had to come from somewhere. The water and earth had to come from somewhere. The sun, stars, planets, moons--how did these come into existence?

We sure got a long ways from a little olive tree didn't we? :lol:
:thumbsup
Bay, did you know that it wasn't all THAT long ago when scientists described what they did as trying to discover the why behind what God did.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After reading all of that, I still don't know which came first, the chicken or the egg. For me, the chicken came first; it was several weeks after that when the first egg showed up :D

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday Correction Corporations of America and today the Defense Department. Is that a drone I see up there above the greenhouse? What I find most puzzling is there is no referring link, which means these visits are coming directly to the site. Most unique visitors come from Google or another search engine. Why the sudden interest in hydroponic gardening? Have I made some sort of watch list? Don't they have anything better to do?

Jack B

5 Sep 12:42:02 Firefox 23.0
Win7
1440x900 United States Flag Alexandria,
Virginia,
United States Us Department Of Defense Network (141.116.212.23) [Label IP Address]
hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/
(No referring link)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack that is so weird. What sort of watch list might you be on? We could have a contest to see who can guess what list you have the distinction of now being a preferred member of. Let's see...........ummm........

1. Hydroponic Grandpa's (a real dangerous bunch of desperados)

2. Gardening Geezers (they are RED! retired and extremely dangerous)

3. Melon Moochers ( maybe they are hungry?)

4. Greenhouse Grabbers (get ready to have your greenhouse confiscated)

:lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Correction Corporation of America is the company that owns and maintains private correctional facilities, JAILS, that contract taking of prisoners off of government hands.

Your saga is starting to seem like it'd be great for a MADE FOR TV movie.

I think Valerie Bertinelli and (oh what's his name i always forget...was the main guy in that et movie where the musically inclined aliens landed on devil's tower, and another one where he played a high school music teacher).

You really should contact some Hollywood agent. May as well become rich and fmous

oh! Richard uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwhyamisobadwithactorsnames? uhhh not farragut...maybe mrs. bigfoot knows...also the same name as a french historical figure who was tried for treason, found guilty then exonerrated over a hundred years ago...

DREYFUS!!! Yea, Richard Dreyfus as you, and Valerie Bertinelli as Mrs. JackB! Now we have to find an actress to play Ava. That young girl who played the youngest princess in game of thrones would be too old by 5 or 6 years...

Then, we have to find some folks to play the parts of the invisible paranoid GUMENTAGENTS. One of them should be played by that waytoofatslob who was the bad guy in Jurassic Park. (Good thing he was so fat. When that dinosaur gobbled him up in the jeep it was a swell feeding for that dinosaur!).

For great story telling, EMBELLISHING ALWAYS HELPS! We also have to have some bored jailed pot growers in a minimum security prison who are allowed computer time looking at your site using the proxy servers that monitor their use.

So it should be one of those movies where a bunch of entirely separate scenes and characters each have stage for a few minutes, followed by flashing to another set of characters thousands of miles away!

ooo! ooo! oooooooooooooooooooooo! BRILLIANT IDEA!

Add the Royal family of Norway and the Svaalbard seedbank to the intrigue! How they spy on the USDA, and how...someone help me up! I'm falling on the floor laughing so hard!

This movie HAS to have a humorous side to it!

ROBIN WILLIAMS plays the king of Norway! He's the guy who was in the tv show called mork n mindy.

is there an alien connection here???

Oh boy! We'll need to have SUSAN SARANDON play some REAL MEAN BOSS WOMAN OF SOME GUMMENT AGENCY! hmmm, she'll be the one instigating all the terrors commited against the JackB family!

Reminds me, this movie DEFINITELY needs a dog in it! THE DOG HAS TO BE ABLE TO KIND OF MUMBLE TALK THOUGH!

oH YEa! The movie will also have to have us forum members. I THINK US FORUM MEMBERS TYPING BACK TO YOU ABOUT THIS SHOULD BE DONE IN THAT NEW KIND OF FANGLED COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGE STYLE!

I get to have talking cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart Red can edit the script I think!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Jack that is so weird. What sort of watch list might you be on? We could have a contest to see who can guess what list you have the distinction of now being a preferred member of. Let's see...........ummm........

1. Hydroponic Grandpa's (a real dangerous bunch of desperados)

2. Gardening Geezers (they are RED! retired and extremely dangerous)

3. Melon Moochers ( maybe they are hungry?)

4. Greenhouse Grabbers (get ready to have your greenhouse confiscated)

:lol:
Don't laugh ... PETA as well as other bleeding heart so called animal rescue / animal rights groups have been filing law suits, seizing one's animals as well as one's properties for years. :rant A few years ago, one of my friends had her 60+ horses [ not out of pasture by mistake, but top notch Nationally shown show/ breeding horses] seized and land + barns and home confiscated , all with trumped up charges in court with no compensation. she had a mental breakdown during the so called court proceedings. :somad Has anyone seen the animal cops show on TV aimed at people know hardly anything about farm animals or even pets, and other susseptable bleeding hearts ... another example of half the time where they are in left field in their so called rescues. :ep The show that features Houston , Tx. makes it sound like that city and county is full of animal abusers and hoarders. :hu

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, you described the government guy who took the tree to a T! I could not have come up with a better description. Yeah, I think George Clooney or Harrison Ford might jump at the opportunity to play me. Don't even think of Honey Boo Boo for Ava.

Jack B

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:pop
add a banner that says eat organic, gmo free popcorn during this movie please, and have it run across the screen at all kinds of opportune, or unopportune moments
:pop

TITLE:

JACKB'S OLIVE TREE

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who's honey boo boo?

I used to be called boo boo bear when i was a kid. "I wouldn't do that if I were you Yogi. The ranger may not like it very much."

oh, googled it. some new tv show. channel 5779? so many channels! it takes 3 hours to surf them all!

You're right. Ava's no Honey booboo! Ava's more like a young Katherine Hepburn!