Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomato transplant weather?!?

we'll be getting our starts from the greenhouse this week so it will take a few days to harden them off for outdoors planting and then we'll have to watch the weather to be sure we're not going to get hit by a cold snap. i really don't trust this quite yet...

the other day i checked that the AC worked. put the thermostat at 76F, it just clicked on a few minutes ago. once it turns off i'm going to bump it up to 78 and hope that will hold us for the rest of the night. luckily there's not too much humidity now so Mom isn't complaining that it is too much. i'd like to get used to the heat while i can and get warm again. i've really enjoyed this warm spell myself, but it's too warm too early for the plants and such outside.

my attempts at rain-dances in the past have more likely scared any chances of rain away... :) i have to get out and moisten up some beans and pea seeds before it gets dark too...

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
33°f at the school a couple of miles from the big veggie garden at 3am this morning.

34° by 4am

and, 35°, 30 minutes later. I had decided last night that it would take some special motivation to move me to drive there to run the sprinklers. Learning that it was already 33 on my first venturing out to check Wunderground dot com was something of a disincentive. Seeing the temperature rise before dawn made me feel better but I don't know what has happened to the sweet corn. That was about all that was in jeopardy. Only about half of the potatoes have broken the surface. I've seen them hardly miss a beat when nipped by frost during those stages. The garden soil is damp and I don't really intend to do anything out there until our "normal" weekend arrives. Sprinkled today! Oh. Cutbank Montana will likely have about 6" of snow before the weekend 🙄 .

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
we'll be getting our starts from the greenhouse this week so it will take a few days to harden them off for outdoors planting and then we'll have to watch the weather to be sure we're not going to get hit by a cold snap. i really don't trust this quite yet...

the other day i checked that the AC worked. put the thermostat at 76F, it just clicked on a few minutes ago. once it turns off i'm going to bump it up to 78 and hope that will hold us for the rest of the night. luckily there's not too much humidity now so Mom isn't complaining that it is too much. i'd like to get used to the heat while i can and get warm again. i've really enjoyed this warm spell myself, but it's too warm too early for the plants and such outside.

my attempts at rain-dances in the past have more likely scared any chances of rain away... :) i have to get out and moisten up some beans and pea seeds before it gets dark too...
Please video your rain dance :lol:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hot and dry yet again. The past few days have been hot dry and windy. This is the 10 day forecast. It looks like we may get record breaking temps next week.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
33°f at the school a couple of miles from the big veggie garden at 3am this morning.

34° by 4am

and, 35°, 30 minutes later. I had decided last night that it would take some special motivation to move me to drive there to run the sprinklers. Learning that it was already 33 on my first venturing out to check Wunderground dot com was something of a disincentive. Seeing the temperature rise before dawn made me feel better but I don't know what has happened to the sweet corn. That was about all that was in jeopardy. Only about half of the potatoes have broken the surface. I've seen them hardly miss a beat when nipped by frost during those stages. The garden soil is damp and I don't really intend to do anything out there until our "normal" weekend arrives. Sprinkled today! Oh. Cutbank Montana will likely have about 6" of snow before the weekend 🙄 .

Steve

How are things? It was warmer here. I know people covered things, but I didn't, but today I am a little worried, but no frost warning here yet.

Latest posts