Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee has not visited TEG since Sunday, the 11th. That's what the website says, anyway.

I wasn't aware of bad storms in Iowa - too busy dodging the heat here ... looking at the Quad Cities past weather, there has been storms. The 1 1/2" of rain on the 14th might have been a problem if there was already some flooding. Forty some mph winds and saturated ground ..?

Of course, that isn't specific weather to Carol Dee's neighborhood.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Carol Dee has not visited TEG since Sunday, the 11th. That's what the website says, anyway.

I wasn't aware of bad storms in Iowa - too busy dodging the heat here ... looking at the Quad Cities past weather, there has been storms. The 1 1/2" of rain on the 14th might have been a problem if there was already some flooding. Forty some mph winds and saturated ground ..?

Steve
I hope she's ok :oops:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score

Steve
Iowa had a lot of tornadoes & severe weather in the last storm front. When I look at my regional radar for watches & warnings, it also includes Iowa. This was an especially strong outbreak, at one point, there were 4 tornado warnings at the same time. :(

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

Steve
I was out of town camping with my sister. About an hour north of home. We did get a thunderstorm Wed. Night. Nothing bad. DH says we got 3/4 inch in Long Grove, Sure we got more in Long Grove

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are relieved to know it, @Carol Dee .

Now, about the new TEG member @Phaedra Geiermann . If we click on your location, we see that Schleiden is a town in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. That is right against the border with Belgium.

In the US, we are see news about the tremendous flooding in Germany and Belgium. We can see that Phaedra has also not been on TEG since Sunday. I have to wonder about her absence and that beautiful garden. Was that family and garden in the flood zone???

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like it will be the 2nd day in a row ..

. with the afternoon high temperature below 90°f (32°C). It was 88° yesterday at the nearest WS airport station and that is the warmest its been today. The unbroken chain of 90's, 100's & 110's stretch back to June 20th.

It feels just comfortably warm in the shade outdoors. We can enjoy these 2 days but it will now be heating up, the WS says.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've been getting out early and getting things done and then pretty much hiding inside the rest of the day. yesterday there was a nice breeze which helped keep me outside for a bit longer, but in the end the heat and humidity win. and, well, i'm now officially spoiled by having the AC. if i can't acclimate to the heat then my lungs react too badly when i go inside and back outside too often. i'll start wheezing like an old accordion.

Latest posts