Your Weather, 2021

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is my old age middle age weight. Most of my life I struggled to gain weight, weighed 120 pounds and truly was skinny. I was getting uncomfortably close to 150 pounds.
Bay, I may have some understanding. Not because me, I have no problems gaining weight and keeping it, unfortunately. My wife is fairly tall and slender, she has certain digestive tract problems. She has to eat a special diet to maintain her weight without eating something that causes her to suffer. People, always women, are all the time telling her "I'd give anything to look like you". If they knew what she's suffered, no they would not. She did not sleep well last night because of this.

We all have our crosses to bear. It is not always totally due to willpower either, on either end of the spectrum.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I may have some understanding. Not because me, I have no problems gaining weight and keeping it, unfortunately. My wife is fairly tall and slender, she has certain digestive tract problems. She has to eat a special diet to maintain her weight without eating something that causes her to suffer. People, always women, are all the time telling her "I'd give anything to look like you". If they knew what she's suffered, no they would not. She did not sleep well last night because of this.

We all have our crosses to bear. It is not always totally due to willpower either, on either end of the spectrum.
I can sympathize with her. I never had a health problem, just couldn’t gain weight and lost it too easily. Perfect strangers would poke my ribs and exclaim , “You are so skinny!” Like I didn’t know that? I think I was below 110 pounds when I met my husband of the last 25 years. I was a 2x4 stick until I hit menopause and gained weight. Suddenly I had curves! But you can get too much of a good thing! Lol

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could moan all day about how hard it is for me to lose weight. But in the end it is my fault. Just put down the damn fork! On the opposite end of skinny :( I have actually had people ask how I got SO BIG o_O Without blinking I told them One Forkful at a Time.... they kind got the message and shut up.

AND back to the weather, Currently 86 and heading for 90 with a dew point of 70. Feels like 100, It does look like it may cool down by the weekend. And next week is Fair Week so that will be good with days in the mid 80s.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon at 4:30 we got a brief shower, lots of thunder and lightning, barely 1/8” in the rain gauge. It dropped the boiling temperatures, a welcome relief. And it settled the top layer of dust, another welcome relief. We’ll be sitting at the feed store this morning when they open so we can get our 1500 pounds of feed, get back home, unload and put away before the heat climbs back to the stratosphere.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strong thunderstorms rolling through here. We've had tornado warnings & severe thunderstorm warnings, which have finally moved South. I hate these over-night storms, they keep me up late. Now I can finally get some Zzzzzzssss...

the worst of the storms are past us here now (same storm system), it must have faded out (which was as the weather service predicted was that the western side of the state would get the worst of it for us). the hills on the western side do tend to break up storms and take the brunt of it for us, but it also puts us in something of a rain deficit at times. i asked Mom if she heard anything last night, but she said she didn't. instead i was having a strange dream of trying to get some money exchanged at a small town bank and the lady kept insisting that i deposit the money instead. then she and her friend went on break and left me sitting there staring at forms i wasn't going to fill out...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zdrought2.jpg

:confused: ding dang it!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love to sleep during a rain, even a thunderstorm @Zeedman. We must have been on the very south of the predicted storms. We did get less than a 1/4 about 6 a.m. Now for another hot muggy day
I love to sleep through thunderstorms too. That's hard to do though, when the weather radio & cell phones suddenly blare with tornado & severe thunderstorm warnings. We lucked out here, the most intense part of the storm passed just 10-15 miles West of us. Besides the tornado, there were 90-100 MPH straight-line winds there, and reports of quarter & ping-pong ball sized hail. We are blessed to have no apparent damage here... storms have cost me 2 roofs in the last 20 years, I think my insurance would drop me if it came to Strike Three.

The rural garden was much closer to the epicenter of the storm. I'm still recovering from a surgery yesterday (yes, it was an interesting day), DW will be driving us out later to see how it fared.

Latest posts