Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
fcf20e093c35de6c3b74806f58c883dc_kindlephoto-30024524.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i watered Saturday morning, it rained again that evening and then rained four times yesterday, short but heavy downpours. nothing looks too damaged but that was a lot more rain than i expected from the forecast. everything should have a good supply of water now for the next several days. temperatures gradually increasing back to the high 80s. not unexpected as it is August, but the cool break has been very welcome and let us catch up on weeding. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
July’s rain total came to 8.5 inches.
I believe that was Tucson AZ's July rain total, however, it was like 5" above normal.

Here, July would require 32 days so that yesterday's "rain" could be added to the sprinkles through the month, adding up to just over 1/10" total. This drought is no joke. The smoke here is terrible this morning, "Unhealthy." We also had a 66°f (19°C) night @Carol Dee , but I'm actually trying to keep the outdoor air just in 2 rooms of the house, hoping that this helps to cool the other parts ... just by osmosis, I guess. Suspect that the AC will be on soon. There was another high temperature record tied over the weekend. I am very sorry for those without anyway to cool their homes through the afternoon/evening hours.

Meanwhile, and at the same time that the news people tell us Fresno California had a record high July, San Francisco's afternoon temperatures never reached 70° one time for the month ... Can you believe it!!!? LINK

@ninnymary probably didn't have quite as cool of a month. The East Bay might have been in a part of that osmosis thingie.

Steve ;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I believe that was Tucson AZ's July rain total, however, it was like 5" above normal.

Here, July would require 32 days so that yesterday's "rain" could be added to the sprinkles through the month, adding up to just over 1/10" total. This drought is no joke. The smoke here is terrible this morning, "Unhealthy." We also had a 66°f (19°C) night @Carol Dee , but I'm actually trying to keep the outdoor air just in 2 rooms of the house, hoping that this helps to cool the other parts ... just by osmosis, I guess. Suspect that the AC will be on soon. There was another high temperature record tied over the weekend. I am very sorry for those without anyway to cool their homes through the afternoon/evening hours.

Meanwhile, and at the same time that the news people tell us Fresno California had a record high July, San Francisco's afternoon temperatures never reached 70° one time for the month ... Can you believe it!!!? LINK

@ninnymary probably didn't have quite as cool of a month. The East Bay might have been in a part of that osmosis thingie.

Steve ;)
Steve, it has been cool and overcast most mornings. But then the sun comes out around 11:00am and we get a high of 70-73. Perfect weather for me.

But I think those mornings are affecting my tomatoes and other veggies. They are doing well but plants are not as tall as usual. I really need to send you a pic of Woodle Orange. I don't remember it having stripes in the past. Can a zebra change it's stripes? Hmmm

Mary

Latest posts