Your Weather, 2021

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve our cooler weather has been affecting my tomatoes. I amended my beds well with compost and fertilized them when I planted them and the again a couple of weeks ago.

Some are not as big as usual but my favorite Japanese Triefele are bigger than ever!

I am very meticulous when seed starting. I only take out one seed package at a time, plant, and label. But this does not look like Woodle Orange. Do you have an idea what kind it is?

Mary

Attachments

• D77AC7FC-B475-4F5C-8690-66DDB551D245.jpeg
    D77AC7FC-B475-4F5C-8690-66DDB551D245.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 114

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Steve our cooler weather has been affecting my tomatoes. I amended my beds well with compost and fertilized them when I planted them and the again a couple of weeks ago.

Some are not as big as usual but my favorite Japanese Triefele are bigger than ever!

I am very meticulous when seed starting. I only take out one seed package at a time, plant, and label. But this does not look like Woodle Orange. Do you have an idea what kind it is?

Mary
That looks very much like 'Red Zebra'. Tigerella also looks like that, but it's smaller than Red Zebra. Woodle Orange is pure orange. Sometimes even seed packets have seed mix ups, I've had that happen too.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
But this does not look like Woodle Orange. Do you have an idea what kind it is?
@heirloomgal has it right about Tigerella but I know nothing about Zebras ;).

And, it sure doesn't look like "my" Woodle, which was not orange and the several generations that followed, were not orange 🙄 !

Mary, it is a pretty tomato, however ;).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks very much like 'Red Zebra'. Tigerella also looks like that, but it's smaller than Red Zebra. Woodle Orange is pure orange. Sometimes even seed packets have seed mix ups, I've had that happen too.
Interesting since I’ve never planted Tigerella nor Red Zebra. This tomatoe is not very big. Just a tiny bit bigger than a golf ball.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting since I’ve never planted Tigerella nor Red Zebra. This tomatoe is not very big. Just a tiny bit bigger than a golf ball.

Mary
Here is a TEG picture from Sept 2, 2012 .

I think that I still hadn't figured out that the "Woodle" that I was growing was not conforming to the variety description. I continued to grow it because it was a nice tomato and there was room ;). About 4 or 5 years ago, a yellow fruiting plant showed up! DW thought those were just wonderful ... It still finds a place in the garden.

The picture doesn't show Tigerella in good detail -- the red and orange. The picture doesn't really show the contrast but you can see the shape and compare the size to the EG (Early Girl).

Steve
Oh and Hey. @Collector had Tigerella for a time, I believe.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
yes, it is a constant struggle for me. just too easy to eat too much when we're both good cooks and Mom is also usually cooking a few times a week for other people. a bunch of food got rehomed Monday which saved me a lot of temptation but i did have to finish off the taco salad/nachos/fixin's yesterday. we've not had anything like those around for a long time so they were really good for a change of pace. i've managed to peel off a few more extra lbs the past month, but i really should be about 10lbs lighter by now but i was going the wrong direction for most of May and June. as i am the one feeding my pie hole it is all my fault, but sure keeping a lot of temptations around is not helping...

i was moving rocks earlier in the week and that gave me a warning twinge in my back to take it easier so yesterday was a light day - a bit of exercise pushing the mower yesterday and that was enough. today i'll get out for a few hours weeding and puttering in the gardens and that will help.
Take it easy. Your back is precious. Turmeric big time

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can sympathize with her. I never had a health problem, just couldn’t gain weight and lost it too easily. Perfect strangers would poke my ribs and exclaim , “You are so skinny!” Like I didn’t know that? I think I was below 110 pounds when I met my husband of the last 25 years. I was a 2x4 stick until I hit menopause and gained weight. Suddenly I had curves! But you can get too much of a good thing! Lol
Tell me all about curves

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was pretty warm/hot here today and we are due storm as if Thursday.

We will see we were told this last week

Latest posts