Your Weather, 2021

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain here too overnight. The system just grazed us so far, most of the heavy rain went North. I'm holding my breath though, watching a west-to-east "rain train" setting up, and hoping I won't be in the bullseye if it gets organized.

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No rain this past week. It’s finally starting to feel like August here; though it is still cooler than normal. We may get rain, or a tropical storm, from the hurricane depending on how far east or west it goes but it’s still way too early to tell.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s finally starting to feel like August here

That is the way that I'm feeling. Not only did it thankfully cool off but this dry, sunny weather is what I can expect if'n I just suspend my hopes for rain. Rain is necessary to move the region out of "exceptional" drought but how would we know during these weeks if we are sliding into more climate normals?

Unlike 2021, the dryland wheat farms usually do well. One reason is because rain is unlikely during harvest. Those who bothered with harvesting this year were out there early. Irritated land has just been harvested.

Anyway, the cooler weather is sure appreciated by yours truly

Screenshot_2021-08-06-16-10-51_kindlephoto-90317651.png

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had a scorching day yesterday, I hide at such times :hide
Today has been overcast the entire day and cool.

We never seem to know what's coming next anymore but no complaints here, for a change

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is the way that I'm feeling. Not only did it thankfully cool off but this dry, sunny weather is what I can expect if'n I just suspend my hopes for rain. Rain is necessary to move the region out of "exceptional" drought but how would we know during these weeks if we are sliding into more climate normals?

Unlike 2021, the dryland wheat farms usually do well. One reason is because rain is unlikely during harvest. Those who bothered with harvesting this year were out there early. Irritated land has just been harvested.

Anyway, the cooler weather is sure appreciated by yours truly

View attachment 43411

this reminds me of a local guy we called Santa Claus because he had this big white beard, he was as skinny as a rail and worked around our small town, but what made this really funny was our dear neighbor who always commented that he needed to wear more clothes. they have both passed on now, but we still remember both of them and laugh and then *sigh*

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug and @Zeedman I am green with envy. No rain again. :( Went your direction or south of us as usual this summer.
Now now, no need to be jelly. Count your lucky stars, @Carol Dee , and be careful what you wish for.

At this point I'm praying for drought, but it isn't working. Another heavy downpour rolling through as I type this, with more lining up behind it... just as all my beans are drying down. This is NOT a typical dry August. Time to gather up all my seeds, cut down my tree line, and start building an ark. :hide

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It rained some yesterday afternoon not enough to be measurable though. At one point I was locking the chickens up and felt the wind start up and realized the noise I had been hearing was the rain hitting the road about 1000 feet from where I was. You can bet I made a quick dash for the house once I realized!

The first hints of fall are in the air this morning; it’s a little cooler, a little drier and the air just feels cleaner.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now now, no need to be jelly. Count your lucky stars, @Carol Dee , and be careful what you wish for.

At this point I'm praying for drought, but it isn't working. Another heavy downpour rolling through as I type this, with more lining up behind it... just as all my beans are drying down. This is NOT a typical dry August. Time to gather up all my seeds, cut down my tree line, and start building an ark. :hide
Send it our way!

Latest posts