Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
42°f (6°C) after a high of 73° (23°) yesterday. In other words, a pleasant day with our usual big temperature drop overnight :).

The windshield got some water on it!!! We were shocked and afraid...
I know! DS in Portland sent me a picture of water in the streets as he was driving. It looked like something strange to me ;).

Steve
Humidity falling back towards the below 20% common (32° dew point). @Ridgerunner should know that nosebleeds are not restricted to Denmark and frigid cold weather ;).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we got just under 1/4 inch this a.m. only enough to jack up the humidity again.

i saw the storm on the radar as it was north of your area. looks like the same today. @Zeedman might get some rains from this one. we're forecast for a chance of rain this evening and tomorrow. i'm not sure i'm going to water today or not yet...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner should know that nosebleeds are not restricted to Denmark and frigid cold weather ;).
Denmark actually isn't that cold, at least on the island where I was, around Copenhagen. It's surrounded by water which really keeps it mild. Much like the Gulf Stream keeps the UK pretty mild. I did not have nosebleeds there. The nosebleeds were more in Wyoming and Colorado in the summer. I don't go to those places in the winter.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The nosebleeds were more in Wyoming and Colorado in the summer.
Ah. Okay.

I have trouble with our days (and days) of below freezing, winter weather. Also.

Not that I remember any from last winter.

We are blessed with Pacific air and weather that invades the interior and may bring moderate temperatures, clouds and winter precipitation. I can say that is helpful but then I complain about a lack of warmth in late spring. Boy, did I get my comeuppance in 2021!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we did get some rain this early evening so i'm very happy to not have to water tomorrow morning.

we've been having a lot of fun watching the birds use the birdbaths, but we've also had the birdbaths look like mud puddles because they've been taking dust baths in the garden. i found out where they were doing that and have been wetting that area down, but they've been able to find other places too so it wasn't a nice as having an actual rain come along and tamp the dust down for a day or two...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i saw the storm on the radar as it was north of your area. looks like the same today. @Zeedman might get some rains from this one. we're forecast for a chance of rain this evening and tomorrow. i'm not sure i'm going to water today or not yet...
Yup, we got about 1.5" - in a hurry. It was a pretty strong storm, I was watching the trees dancing in the back yard, wondering if any of them would go over... fortunately they are all still standing.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We set a heat record yesterday, 98 F (37 C) The old record was 97 F (36 C).

Some people tend to think that our summer temperatures are higher than they actually are, but all the water surrounding us moderates those temperatures some. We have swamp, marsh, lakes, and bayous all around us and the Gulf of Mexico isn't far away.

With dew points in the upper 70's it gets pretty steamy, sweating doesn't cool you off that much. But if you go inland a bit away from the water those temperatures can climb.

Latest posts