Your Weather, 2021

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Besides, if I knew then when I was a teenager what I know now I'd be in big trouble.

knee deep in ankle biters.
How often, with the benefit of hindsight, do we discover that what we once viewed as a curse was really a blessing in disguise? :old When I think back to all the different directions my life might have gone, I consider that any deviation might have prevented me from having the family that I have now - and I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Well, maybe change one thing - since we are supposed to be talking about weather, guess I should mention that the snow here has stopped. ;)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
How often, with the benefit of hindsight, do we discover that what we once viewed as a curse was really a blessing in disguise? :old When I think back to all the different directions my life might have gone, I consider that any deviation might have prevented me from having the family that I have now - and I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Well, maybe change one thing - since we are supposed to be talking about weather, guess I should mention that the snow here has stopped. ;)

my life would have likely been quite different and i'm not sure how it would have gone, but i do know i'm happy now so perhaps i dodged some bullets there? :)

the snow fizzled out here and is very unimpressive. i'm sure it is concerned about my opinion and will shape up by morning.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the snow did not even pay any attention to my scolding either. i went out to get some fresh air and exercise and it took less than 20 minutes for me to shovel the drive. it did feel good to move and have some fresh air. :)

so the sun, melting, sublimation will take care of what is out there i hope. i don't have any salt and we have rarely needed it. the key to that is getting the driveway shovelled before you drive or walk on it if you can help it, but even if you do you can scrape the compacted snow off the cement with a good sharp straight bladed shovel. then the sun and air can get at what is left.

mainly i just worry about anyone who comes to visit slipping on any ice. or Mom. or me for that matter... ouch. :(

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been down around 0 F. for a couple nights, the first big chill of the year. When it gets that cold, I fire up the wood burner to run in tandem with the HVAC... it kills the chill. One more night of that, then we start a slow warm-up into the low 30's. Not much snow on the ground so far, we only got about 2" Saturday night.