Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
raining out there now (with even some thunder) but not too cold. we needed more rain and i'm happy to have a day off to rest up before tomorrow and perhaps more days coming this week.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The rain missed us so far, the weather is still warm & sunny. Grape hyacinths are in bloom now, but surprisingly no sign of the honeybees that usually show up to feed on them. The soil is dry enough to cultivate shallowly, albeit still wet enough to accumulate "clay feet" after doing so.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
79 F. today, much warmer than originally predicted. Thunderstorms popping up, but like the rain before, the action is so far all moving North of us. For all intents & purposes, this is our first day of "summer". :cool:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
0c. Freezing rear end weather here. So I have a serious date with my hot water bottle.

Earlier we have had periodic spurts of snow. Parts of uk has been forecasted snow or sleet for tomorrow 🥶

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
79 F. today
79!?! I can believe that you are having thunderstorms.

I have spent some outdoor time cleaning up winter mulch etc. with plans for a morning trip to the dump and before the wind and clouds are back. So appreciative of the 60°f afternoon. That's only 5° above normal.

@Marie2020 that is 3°C above normal at 16°C. Meanwhile, @Zeedman is having a 26°C day!

It was -1° C again this morning. May not freeze for a couple of mornings with clouds and strong winds moving in from the SW.

Steve
when, oh when will we abandon these obsolete and ridiculous measurement systems that were inflicted on colonial America 🙄 ?!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
79!?! I can believe that you are having thunderstorms.

I have spent some outdoor time cleaning up winter mulch etc. with plans for a morning trip to the dump and before the wind and clouds are back. So appreciative of the 60°f afternoon. That's only 5° above normal.

@Marie2020 that is 3°C above normal at 16°C. Meanwhile, @Zeedman is having a 26°C day!

It was -1° C again this morning. May not freeze for a couple of mornings with clouds and strong winds moving in from the SW.

Steve
when, oh when will we abandon these obsolete and ridiculous measurement systems that were inflicted on colonial America 🙄 ?!
We didn't get a lot of snow we've had flurries but none that has stick. It's still cold butt weather though, I should know :D

When will our forecasts actually be what they say it is.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another beautiful day, warm & cloudy - but dry for most of the day. DW were out cleaning up the large mulberry that was cut down over the Winter during the afternoon, when a stray thunderstorm snuck up on us from due South (while I was watching the West). It was a mad dash to get all the tools under cover, but we didn't get much rain from it.

That changed about 10:00 PM, when a stronger cluster of storms developed just South of us. Unlike the storms which come from the West (which tend to diminish as they approach) these intensified. Nothing serious, but a lot of thunder & periods of heavy rainfall. The cells have been off & on for a couple hours, but the cluster seems to be moving out... guess I can finally go to sleep. 😴

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's fun mentioning ..

. the chance of an imminent storm to someone accustomed to being outdoors a lot ;).

Watch them turn quickly (maybe with an "oh no!") In the direction of the prevailing path of storms, like @Zeedman did.

I've learned to look to the SW and then suspiciously look over my shoulder to the NW ... then, scowling stare off to the S. If something comes outta the NE or E, ain't nothing I can do. The mountains are home to tricksters and trolls.

Steve

Latest posts