Your Weather, 2022

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
This last storm was the first high rainfall this year, about 1.5". Not really heavy, but it melted all of the remaining snow, and the ground is saturated. My 2 sub pumps are playing tag team, only a trickle of water at one spot in the basement so far. :fl

I've been watching the weather radar for the South; really rough weather down there. As happy as I am to see Spring arriving, I wish that didn't herald the beginning of storm season. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This last storm was the first high rainfall this year, about 1.5". Not really heavy, but it melted all of the remaining snow, and the ground is saturated. My 2 sub pumps are playing tag team, only a trickle of water at one spot in the basement so far. :fl

we are fairly on grade here so the sump pump runs after extended rains. like what we had for the past 24hrs. the roof leaked. :( i was hoping we had that problem taken care of. *sigh* oh well, at least it didn't drip on Mom's bed.

I've been watching the weather radar for the South; really rough weather down there. As happy as I am to see Spring arriving, I wish that didn't herald the beginning of storm season. :(

yeah... :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 64°f, yesterday (18°C) --- the warmest day of the year, at the nearest weather station.

Frost this morning as there was yesterday morning. A sunny day predicted, lots of clouds yesterday. Not windy either day, except yesterday late. The predicted high today is quite a bit cooler (54°f).

Not sure why but I think that the mountains pull air upwards and change things. I don't really resent them doing this :D.

I'm hoping for more sun to benefit the plants in the South Window. As so often, March has been a cloudy month.

Notice how even at our 2000 foot elevation, temperatures vary 30°f+ (20°C+) in 10 hours - True right through the growing season. Difficult for outdoor plants.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We may be having some of the @Rhodie Ranch , Southern Oregon extra warmth this weekend. Still normal mornings with temps just above freezing.

Afternoons are running about 15° above normal (8°C). Tomorrow afternoon might come close to 70°f (21°C); that would be a near record for the day.

Oddly, tomorrow may be a cloudy day.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Current temperature 54 F (12 C), High today forecast for 83 F (28 C). Low tonight 56 F (13 C). Plentiful sunshine so no rain. Winds 10 to 15 mph. (16 to 24 kph)

Wednesday's Forecast high of 81 F (27 C), low of 58 F (14 C). 95% chance of afternoon and evening thunderstorms, total rainfall just under one inch (25 mm). Sustained winds 28 mph (45 kph). Since it is thunderstorms there can be isolated pockets of heavy rainfall. That's three whole days out, we'll see how much it changes. It often does.

Basically, welcome to Spring.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
60D5C989-C6EF-4942-8429-3F82AF829F32.png

Here we go again

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our local weatherman said that this system has about half the energy in it that the one last week that produced the tornadoes did. That doesn't mean that locally you can't have serious problems so pay attention. I think he was talking about the total system, not just the local effects down here.