Your Weather, 2022

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
yes, i really used mine a lot, it was perfect for making a small batch of beans or steaming fresh beans or warming something up. i made the mistake of setting it in the sink when it was warm and it cracked. so you do have to be careful with them to not change the temperature too quickly. it was even an old Pyrex pan too so it was the right kind that should have stood up to the heat change but it didn't.
Maybe I should go back for another enamel pan then. I tend to have too many accidents in my kitchen. As soon as I have the fund's I'll start looking

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's cold here but we have had sunny spells
It's supposed to be 8c but it's feeling so much colder to me

At least the buds are liking this weather

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe I should go back for another enamel pan then. I tend to have too many accidents in my kitchen. As soon as I have the fund's I'll start looking

yes, if you are error prone or bumping things a lot with the pan or not careful a glass pan may not be the right way to go. i'd had the glass pan i broke for nearly 40yrs.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The temperature dropped, and it started snowing from noontime.
I saw this and thought of Phaedra.

It likely applies to the Upper MidWest and the Southeast US. I'm not sure that I understand the Southeast!

zspring.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

It likely applies to the Upper MidWest and the Southeast US. I'm not sure that I understand the Southeast!

View attachment 47966

i'm looking out the window at a bit of snow, but nothing like what we can get. heavy wet storms are not strange for this time of the season. i don't see anything in the forecast too far below freezing so we'll be ok. our next predicted freezing overnight day is next Friday. we're getting there. that's a step up from mid-teenies.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

View attachment 47966
Exactly!
Although we had about five hours of good sunlight today, at least 60% of snow still stays.
2428.jpg

2427.jpg

From the window in our bedroom~
13211.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Freezing this morning, but that's completely normal. The 50 - 60 mph wind gusts was the big event, yesterday afternoon.

The temporary hoop house was almost all too temporary. By 7 PM, the window frame, which is attached to brackets bedded in concrete in the ground, was leaning and the window was partially open.

Hoops, up and down the structure, were leaning in various directions. The plastic film was blown out from under the bricks and rocks lined up to hold it to the ground on one side.

The hoop house is in a very protected location on the leeside of the garage with a wooden fence on the south and the greenhouse on the other side. It is only 5' tall; that it is why it has an excavated center path - so that I can walk upright inside. Things could have been much worse.

Still windy but it should only take an hour or so to set the 9' x 20' structure back as it was. Then, it's off to see about removing a tree from the yard before there is another windstorm and it blows over.

A little surprising that I slept well last night but I was somewhat exhausted from watching the outdoor drama.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
all the noise of plastic flapping in the breeze can get very weary making. we had tarps over the chimney one winter and that was annoying when they'd get blown loose and i'd eventually have to go back up there and find more large stepping stones to weight them down better.