Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
29 deg F now, headed to the 40s. :( ready for real spring weather

33F and snow and fog here, a little bit cooler tonight. tomorrow night supposed to be colder. it's not quite over yet. i might get a chance this week to do some actual garden planting for some peas and onion sets. it may be a week or two early, but i'll give it a chance anyways. i was happy with my mid-April pea planting from last year so we'll give it another try. :)

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@flowerbug ; im thinking about peas as well. Just finished stringing the trellises a minute ago and then checked the soil temp. 🙁34f makes me think i just need to keep raking.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug ; im thinking about peas as well. Just finished stringing the trellises a minute ago and then checked the soil temp. 🙁34f makes me think i just need to keep raking.

it takes them so long to germinate when the soil temperatures are cold that i don't think it matters much if you wait a bit. the problem here is that it gets so hot in the mid-summer i worry they'll stop producing, but after last season's peas went into August i'm not quite so worried. good luck! :)

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Geez! o_O ...and here I was, just sitting here wondering when the SSE seeds would arrive* and debating about planting the new peas. Gives me hope that there is still time.

*UPS estimates and tracking is garbage

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
snowed a little last night and tonight will be colder. after this the rest of the week is forecast to be warmer with the highest temperatures coming next week (in the 70sF ! ). i may get a chance this week to pull the rest of the bricks and rocks away from the end of the driveway.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just checked the 16-days forecast and it seems that this year, the so-called "Eisheligen (ice saints)" won't be too harsh. At least, the night temperature till mid-may isn't that dangerous.

--------------------
Wiki:
The Ice Saints are St. Mamertus (or, in some countries, St. Boniface of Tarsus), St. Pancras, and St. Servatius. They are so named because their feast days fall on the days of May 11, May 12, and May 13 respectively, known as the blackthorn winter in Austrian, Belgian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, North-Italian, Polish, Slovak, Slovene and Swiss folklore.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are wondering about the U.S. drought conditions here is the current map and discussion LINK.

Just locally, without imagining conditions in places like New Mexico, there has certainly been improvement. Our very cool spring with only 4 April days with above normal temperatures meant that the Earth's surface didn't dry so much despite there being only an inch of precipitation for the month. Snow fell in higher elevations and, whatever the case, didn't melt quickly.

We have moved into the "Moderate" range and I'm pleased to note how a very small area of NW Montana is above drought conditions. That is where so much of our river water comes from since it is on the western slope of the continental divide.

It was 47°f when I woke up before 3 am. I have been out to turn the greenhouse heat on but the current overcast has kept things warmer despite it not being a very warm day yesterday. Maybe it will be a Sunny Tuesday!

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are wondering about the U.S. drought conditions here is the current map and discussion LINK.

Just locally, without imagining conditions in places like New Mexico, there has certainly been improvement. Our very cool spring with only 4 April days with above normal temperatures meant that the Earth's surface didn't dry so much despite there being only an inch of precipitation for the month. Snow fell in higher elevations and, whatever the case, didn't melt quickly.

We have moved into the "Moderate" range and I'm pleased to note how a very small area of NW Montana is above drought conditions. That is where so much of our river water comes from since it is on the western slope of the continental divide.

It was 47°f when I woke up before 3 am. I have been out to turn the greenhouse heat on but the current overcast has kept things warmer despite it not being a very warm day yesterday. Maybe it will be a Sunny Tuesday!

Steve

we're just about to get rained on yet again. wish i could send it to CA and the SW.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd take it here @flowerbug .

Especially, yesterday when we had a chance and nothing was the result.

Or on the 30th, when we picked up 4/100ths of an inch.

Steve
under uniformly grey skies, can't even determine where the sun is! hoping & expecting the WS to be calling it right with some sunlight by midday.

Latest posts