Your Weather, 2022

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So right now the Sun's pathway to its solar maximum is exceeding Heliologist's predictions and we have a steam volcano that has increased our humidity. Thank you Ma'am I do not want another!
sunspotcounts.png

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah and then there is this:

(CNN)If you feel like there's less time in the day, you're correct.
Scientists recorded the shortest day on Earth since the invention of the atomic clock.
Our planet's rotation measured in at 1.59 milliseconds short of the normal 24-hour day on June 29, according to the International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service, an organization in charge of global timekeeping.

A rotation is the length of time the Earth takes to spin once on its axis, which is roughly 86,400 seconds.

So back to me now saying hey what happens when I rotate even faster the rotisserie chicken into an increasingly hot flame? Does it burn? Because while hot I do not see burn yet?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today is the warmest day of the coming week's forecast at 86F, but get this 51F overnight for Thursday evening. for August that's rather wild. doubt the peppers will like this.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon, we had strong thunderstorms in the area; there was hail.

The community just a couple of miles from the big veggie garden had half-dollar size hail. The pictures were broadcast on teevee! I have never personally seen hailstones that LARGE although the hail that scarred the upper surfaces of my fruit tree branches in my parents' backyard 30 years ago were about nickel size and fell with a vengeance!

Out to see and run sprinklers again for a 3rd time this week in the big garden. Dang, trying to help things recover from the excessive HEAT and now will see if they were beat up by, what probably amounts to, less than 1/10th of water ... frozen.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
From the gravel in the driveway where we park the pickup, it looks like the half-dollar size hail fell about every 1 foot.

One corn plant broken, the squash plants look trampled but not all the squash was hit and look like they will only be scarred. Melons aren’t quite as tough … broken pepper plants and damage throughout the garden. Sprinklers on and water has a healing value 🤞.

What hail of that size can do to an eggplant:

5B966D8E-454D-4FA5-8CDA-5437A8B34524.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
From the gravel in the driveway where we park the pickup, it looks like the half-dollar size hail fell about every 1 foot.

One corn plant broken, the squash plants look trampled but not all the squash was hit and look like they will only be scarred. Melons aren’t quite as tough … broken pepper plants and damage throughout the garden. Sprinklers on and water has a healing value 🤞.

What hail of that size can do to an eggplant:

View attachment 51236

when we had a hail storm a few years ago it really shredded the squash leaves, but within a few days you couldn't tell much had happened. i hope the eggplant hole was the worst of it for you there!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it was certainly the most dramatic ;).

I realized later that the tomatoes were not mentioned. Being a couple of weeks behind schedule was helpful. Several branches were broken and the wind played some havoc.

Having such large but limited ammunition, the weather gods weren't able to carpet bomb very effectively. By the looks of the leaves knocked out of the trees about a half mile away, it coulda been worse!

Steve

Latest posts