Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... and then you blink, and your eye lashes freeze together.

if they can make heated windsheild wipers they can make heated eyelashes...

i have in the past had to use my fingers to thaw and unstick eyelashes so i'm not at all doubting this happens.

when you see those shows where the people are really far north and they wear coats that have those telescope edges around the face you know those are there for a reason...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
when you see those shows where the people are really far north and they wear coats that have those telescope edges around the face you know those are there for a reason...
I just assumed that those hoods were to prevent frost bite of the eyeballs... something IMO too terrible to imagine.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My son's last winter jacket had one of those kinds of hoods, he loved it. Ironically, my parents bought it for him when they were in Texas that winter, probably in a market across the border. I always wondered what a jacket like that would be doing in Mexico?

Yes, frostbite really sucks. I had the tips of my toes all frozen up during one bad winter years ago. Even now, on a blazing hot summer day my toes are like ice. For fun I use them to torment my kids sometimes, comes in quite handy (or foot-y maybe) for that. 🤣

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s still pretty cold here. Lows in the lower 20s and highs in the 30s-40s. Not anywhere near record breaking but still quite a shock after how mild the last few winter have been here. Normally I have lettuce up, early daffodils blooming and am considering whether or not to risk planting peas in the first week of February. Not this year!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
coldest_day_v14.png

Doesn't the information on this map of the US seem strange? I guess that I have just lived in one place for too long.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
5F out the coldest earlier this morning 8F now, wind chill down to -10F. sunny, a little snow on the driveway to move.

deer have been all over the yard seeing what they can find to eat and trimming the trees.

Latest posts