Your Weather, 2022

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was 80*! Rest of the week back to mid 60s. Oh well.

Hope my peppers grow at least one that one warm day, haha. They've been on the deck getting some sun and they stay out there too. I've topped them off and side shoots are starting to grow but they sure are slow. I'm so anxious to plant in the ground. Trying to stay strong and wait 2 more weeks.

Mary

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good ole Jackie was giving us the scoop when i opened this so i just took her picture, and posted it.
We’re happy to see something this positive.
p.s; today is national agriculture day; she told me that too!

Attachments

• 0121DDBF-F493-45B9-9DA7-BCF2B6070286.jpeg
    0121DDBF-F493-45B9-9DA7-BCF2B6070286.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 75

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover ,

has your electricity been restored?

Did you lose any appliances or other devices?

It took about 3 hours to get the power back on. We only had one bulb blow as it turned out. Apparently the popping sounds we heard was actually the sound of all the fuses on all the power lines for half a mile popping. They had to replace them all which is why it took so long for them to get our power back. It only took 15 maybe twenty minutes to get to our house but they spent about 1.5 hours per pole repairing everything.
All the devices and appliances seem to be working. Luckily we have almost everything in the house plugged into power strips with surge protection just in case of something like this happens.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had a tornado touch down not that far away last night. We're fine, the boys and families are fine, no property damage or injuries for us. The latest I've heard is that one person died. Some serious property damage where it touched down. They are assessing damage and stuff like that but several houses are just gone. Vehicles destroyed.

I've seen tornadoes in Tennessee and Arkansas, really impressive but those were mostly in rural areas. This one was in a heavily populated area. That's different. Houses are turned into matchsticks, not just trees.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
with a lot of houses getting solar panels and battery back up that often also can provide some filtering and surge protection for storms.

i recently replaced my old UPS (uninterruptable power supply) and am glad i did that. the old one went 15yrs past it's expire date before finally needing replacement so i'm hoping i can get that kind of service life out of this one. for the price i consider it cheap peace of mind. i still need to do a few things to make this setup even better - so thanks for reminding me to look into this some more. :)

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Had a tornado touch down not that far away last night. We're fine, the boys and families are fine, no property damage or injuries for us. The latest I've heard is that one person died. Some serious property damage where it touched down. They are assessing damage and stuff like that but several houses are just gone. Vehicles destroyed.

I've seen tornadoes in Tennessee and Arkansas, really impressive but those were mostly in rural areas. This one was in a heavily populated area. That's different. Houses are turned into matchsticks, not just trees.
Glad to hear you and yours are okay. Bad area to have a tornado with all the people.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts