Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the rains have all gone to the west of us for this round other than a few drops earlier this morning. more chances for rain tonight or tomorrow. i hope at least one of them gets to us even if we watered yesterday.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today was an odd several hours when there was light rain coming in from the SE while the upper level clouds were going towards the SE. like an upper level air flow going one way and the lower down misty rains coming in underneath. i should have done some screen captures of it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This would be tough:

Europe.png

The data is from the European Union environmental office.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like serious rainstorms are possible for central Illinois. @ducks4you , do you have everything battened down?

Here it is  hot. It's something like the continuous cool of Spring when it was 10 to 15 degrees below normal. Except now, it is 15 degrees above normal.

I believe that I am still waiting for some record highs. It's just that, the Heat continues and continues and continues. It was out of the hundreds yesterday but the clouds moved in with the slightest chance of rain and yet -- a chance of lightning strikes. That's not what we need 🥴!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the forecast for today was rains mainly after 2pm. i was hoping to get out and get tomatoes picked before it did rain this morning. a few minutes after checking the radar and weather forecast it popped up a small rain and more may arrive in a few more minutes, but i'm hoping after that i can get outside and pick the tomatoes so i can get them put up later today.

good chances of rain forecast for the next few days so i hope we get it, i did water yesterday because i never count on the weather forecast and it was getting pretty warm too so needed to be sure the plants got some moisture.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally, AGAIN, some decent rain. We are still in a drought, though nothing like the Texas drought.
Everything just got a good soaking and, after this break we expect Tstorms this PM.

yes, we have picked up some nice rains too, it will be a big help for many in this region. it hasn't been completely dry in our area but the storms have been going east and west of us so it's nice that some finally landed here for a change.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We here experience the Same precipitation drought in the winter...snow goes north of us, snow goes south of us, always converges in Indianapolis, and we get cold and dry, then winter mud. :barnie
We had another good soaking rain late last night and it's a good day to weed!!

Last edited:

Latest posts