Your Weather 2023

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... a beautiful winter scene
Yes, it is, Branching Out and you were up early to capture that scene :).

What was probably your snowstorm will arrive in just a few minutes, by the looks of the radar map. The interstate 90 pass sure looks like it will be hit hard over the next 3 days. The daily 90%-100% chance suggests that it will be a tough drive.

Portland's snow wrecked some havoc with kids having extra vacation time during Presidents Week. I don't know if it will be the same story for Seattle this week. Seattle drivers can be teased about their problems getting around in the snow but, like your neighborhood, there are hills.

I'm feeling lucky that we won't need to be out on the roads over the next few days. The asphalt is plenty cold so there won't be any quick/daily melting.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
looks like rain/snow/etc today and tonight. warm enough it will melt a lot of snow. we'll be back to brown/grey yet another time.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee ,

Are you ready for that storm heading your way?

It sure looks like it tore up Oklahoma, yesterday. Tornado watches with the storm in western Missouri,@so lucky 's neighborhood may be okay. Aimed at Iowa.
Looks like it will miss us. Or will be wearing out by then. Last night's rain brought 1.32 inch. Our forecast shows lighter rains later this week. Temps above average. It is already 48 this a.m.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heavy rain here, mixed with sleet & freezing rain off and on. The rain is waterlogging the 12"+ of snow we had from the last storm; I've been hearing sheets of snow sliding off the roof. There will probably be a few flat roofs collapsed before this storm passes... perhaps not a good time to be in a big box store. :( Roads that were almost clear yesterday are full of icy slush today, a lot of activities being canceled - including most of my plans for the day. Going out in boots & raincoat to shovel the slush out of my driveway later, before it freezes.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Our March came in like a lamb. The LION happened on Monday, tornado 40 miles NNW of me, west of Champaign.
1677685022521.jpeg

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
RE backing up in your car, my 2012 Toyota Avalon has what was one of the first backup cameras which displays on my rear view mirror, some 3 inch square video. ALL new cars have a 12 inch square backup camera and many have warning sounds if you are getting close to hitting another car and a guide to help you to turn. I STILL use my side view mirrors in both mine and our 2021 Avalon.
Even the 2023 Kia Soul that youngest DD is ordering has all of the gizmos on our newer Avalon, including the cruise control that keeps your car like 4 car length's in back of the car in front of you regardless of what speed you set. This is the default and you have to manually turn it off.
I think that all of these extras won't lead towards all cars that drive themselves.
My 2012 car had two possible driver seat settings. DH doesn't mind driving my car bc he pushes button #1 and can fit in my seat. He is one foot taller than me.
This wasn't available for the 2021 model, therefore Toyota didn't make it standard.
Funny, the only real complaint about our cars is the audio system. My volume dial doesn't work right. I have to control my volume on the steering column bc when you turn the dial to the right it gets softer Sometimes. DH's car sometimes cuts the audio out completely. He has to stop the car and restart it to listen to the radio or SIRIUS.
I think we can live with these problems, as they are not life threatening.
I love that we can bluetooth sync our phones. It makes it so much safer to talk while driving.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s very bright out - the sun hasn’t made an appearance and it’s 11AM.

No, the fog was dense at sunrise and there is hoar frost on all the trees. The thermometer was at 21f (-6C) and probably a little warmer but there is no sunshine.

The 7” of new snow hasn’t gone away. The WS says we can expect a little more tonight & tomorrow. Should be a little melting each afternoon with some daily snow.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee ,

Are you ready for that storm heading your way?

It sure looks like it tore up Oklahoma, yesterday. Tornado watches with the storm in western Missouri,@so lucky 's neighborhood may be okay. Aimed at Iowa.
We've had lots of high winds, but no actual bad weather. It was 72 and windy yesterday, and 68 and calm today. Windy again now.

Latest posts