SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
to convert C to F:
9.0/5.0 * (tempc + 40.0)) - 40.0

to convert F to C:
5.0/9.0 * (tempf + 40.0)) - 40.0
For those of us with zero math skills, this calculator is easier:

I can keep in mind that water freezes at 0 Celsius and boils at 100 Celsius, but those numbers in between make my head spin.

Thankfully the online place in Australia where I buy medications for my pets lists the weight ranges on their web site in both US pounds and kilograms, and back in the day used to send out kg to lbs conversion charts to their US customers. I still have one of those charts taped to my refrigerator. Whenever I place an order with them, the receipt they email me lists tomorrow as the date of transaction - it's like time travel! If nothing else, these differences keep life interesting!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just when I was :rant at the Weather Service bc they forecasted heavy rains last night with hail, I found out that 1 hr east of us they Did have 1/2" hail at 2AM.
I put the ponies in their stalls. NO RAIN until 5 AM, heavy rain at 6AM. I fed this morning before I went down to the Village Office to deal with issues.
Had to eat lunch AND take a benedryl. Apparently, my sheets have some Downey Unstoppable residue, and my bottom lip has blown up.
Ponies will go out in the next hour, then back in again tonight when it will be colder and wet.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has been chilly here at high 50's*. Windy which I think is coming off of Alaska. Finally this week it will be dry. Still chilly though and makes it hard for me to get motivated to get my walk in. Oh the problems I have.

Mary

we'll be back to freezing overnight a few days this week at least. froggies are going to be confused...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those of us with zero math skills, this calculator is easier:

i messed it up anyways as i forgot the initial parenthesis. the formulas were lifted from a C program i wrote back in 2014. i'll tag it at the end for grins. :)

I can keep in mind that water freezes at 0 Celsius and boils at 100 Celsius, but those numbers in between make my head spin.

Thankfully the online place in Australia where I buy medications for my pets lists the weight ranges on their web site in both US pounds and kilograms, and back in the day used to send out kg to lbs conversion charts to their US customers. I still have one of those charts taped to my refrigerator. Whenever I place an order with them, the receipt they email me lists tomorrow as the date of transaction - it's like time travel! If nothing else, these differences keep life interesting!

Attachments

• c2f.zip
    528 bytes · Views: 29

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
17°f (-8⁰C) this morning ... yesterday AM, it was 20⁰f (-7⁰C). In between the hours of darkness, we had a pleasantly sunny afternoon.

I see that the record high over the last 140 years is 61f (16C), from back in those early years. It is just too early in the year with too many hours of darkness for the weather to be very warm. Now, that dang daylight time will start while we still have more darkness than light.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm convinced by now that these time changes are a twice a year reminder of how annoying government can be so appreciate that it does get some other things right once in a while...

Latest posts