Your Weather, 2024

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've started my clean up of what is left of my (flower) garden after the woodchuck demolished it last year. We've had beautiful weather the past few days 70s! But the rain returns tonight. DH is regrading the 'parking lot' of the produce stand, and new stone is on order.

If we can get one full week of non rainy weather we could get most of the projects done.

Sunshine makes me happy!
Good luck on the weather.

It's been raining here ever since I posted, so there's no way soaking wet grass can be cut.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
aNOTHER stormy night predicted but didn't happen. MAYBE, we will get some heavy rains toDAY.
There must be Something about my location that makes storms avoid us, going just north or just south.
We don't have mountains, so I dunno?!?
Are you on or near a body of water?

We DO have mountains here, and it sometimes causes a 'parting of the seas' when it comes to storms. We quite literally see the storm split above and below us, usually when we are in desperate need of a good soaking.

We are also on a lake, and (as it was described to me) that can cause a wind sheer that actually can force air movement up and out (we are above 70+ feet above the water) which gives us a microclimate.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have reached the maximum gain of 5:50 minutes of daylight per day which will continue for another month before slowly dwindling till June 21st. By then we’ll have over 19 hours of daylight but it’s still light enough at 3:00am to tie on a fly!
Today we have 11:59 hours of daylight However temps are remaining in the mid teens at night and some days warming to “above freezing day time highs”.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have reached the maximum gain of 5:50 minutes of daylight per day which will continue for another month before slowly dwindling till June 21st. By then we’ll have over 19 hours of daylight but it’s still light enough at 3:00am to tie on a fly!
Today we have 11:59 hours of daylight However temps are remaining in the mid teens at night and some days warming to “above freezing day time highs”.
As a sun worshiper, I would thrive on your season of continual daylight, but sink into despair during your months of darkness!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you on or near a body of water?

We DO have mountains here, and it sometimes causes a 'parting of the seas' when it comes to storms. We quite literally see the storm split above and below us, usually when we are in desperate need of a good soaking.

we see that at times too because of living in a broad valley on the other side of some hills (some distance to the west of us). if a storm isn't strong or big enough it might fade as it comes over the hills and then it will pop up again when it reaches the other side of the valley on some hills to the east of us. note i'm talking the elevations of only a few hundred feet difference but it can still happen.

when you are in the middle of a protracted drought it can be very frustrating to see those storms on the radar in the distance and then have them fade out or split before reaching your thirsty gardens.

Latest posts