how much privacy do you need?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A little late to this thread, now off on hairy arms, Steve bathing outdoors, and low flying choppers on the lookout for pot growers.... :D ... beautiful gardens tho, @bills !

@digitS' , I have to agree with your wife, a bathroom should have a door.

My friend's sister is building a house. Their builder designed the house with a modern floor plan. The master bath is open. Double sink vanity, tub, separate shower... no door to the bedroom. But the toilet area is a small separate area with a door. I'm trying to imagine that, but sounds like the commode is in a closet. I would not like that but hope it works for them.

Thinking about that from a different point of view... like when dh gets up at 4 am to get ready for work. A door would block light and noise from the bedroom where another person may be trying to sleep. Seems like another fad that will pass, as should the lack of a pantry in a kitchen.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had as lot more discomfort than low flying planes after those new neighbors moved in.

What bankrupted that "church" was them firing guns at a lady and her young son as they drove by.

Odd notion that they were Peeping Toms (or, whatever) but they had the courage to tell a judge. I'm so glad that most of that nonsense is past history.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, you're such a tough old bird! :lol:
It's not a drone, it's an ultralight, really loud engine, slow flying contraption with a human hanging on it.
I was replying to @Nyboy post about drones. Should have made that clear. Ultr lights, wouldn't shoot them down but might flash him and watch him crash and burn......

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found the deer right away! ;)
I like a bathroom door, especially as someone said, when spouse or I have to get up and going too early, blocks light and sound so the other can sleep in.
The floor plan with the toilet in it's own cubicle reminds me of a bathroom stall! UGH.I hate stalls.
Privacy fence. It was a MUST have. Our yard is situated so we felt like fish in a bowl anytime we tried to enjoy our back yard. Even with an 8 foot board fence we still feel the apartment above the tap has a birds eye view of anything in the yard. Especially since the big tree was taken out, Sure wish the fence would also block the loud mouth, the vulgar yelling, barking dogs and smoky fires. *Sigh*

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Problem solved, problem staying solved. Although I have never been accused of being a cheeky fellow

:D

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I need alone time to recharge, but that is easy in a big house with two people.

We never close interior doors in our house, except when we have company, or on occasion in the bathroom. But I was certainly glad for the bedroom doors last night when we had at least 7 bats flying about at various times! We're still working on how they got in here.

Our neighbors were all at a decent distance until someone built a tiny house across the street,-right on the road because the lot is too small for a house. The guy who built it died, so now it is a rental. When I go out to pick the tomatoes I hear huge screaming fights. I feel like I should hide behind the tomato plants.

Latest posts