Waited too long!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy they are improving. Even though it has been hard, it has been a great learning experience for Ava. She seems to be such a mature little girl.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, we did end up losing the two weak ones later today. They were eating, but I guess the damage had already been done. I'm debating whether or not to get a few more chicks from the feed store to make sure I have enough. :\

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I called MMH this morning. They said they could replace the ones that were lost with the same breeds for this next Monday. I was just going to take the refund, but changed my mind when she told me they could do that since one week apart they'd still be close in age. From the website, it looks like they are out of everything, but I guess they keep some extras for that purpose.

Then I got to second guessing that decision and worrying that the Easter holiday might hold them up again. So I called them back, but it turns out Easter is not a Federal holiday, so he said they should move along as usual.

I hope these have a better trip and aren't all roosters!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i am hoping for you this time. both on the no rooster front and they make it all through the trip.

i just picked up 6 chicks at the feed store on my way home. all are barred rocks and seem health. this time they seem to be friendly. last time i had some in my flock they were too spunky and being just plain mean with some of my other birds.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alrighty...well, my replacement chicks were supposed to come today. But guess what? They didn't. :\ If they come tomorrow, they should still be alright. Surely the USPS can't screw this up twice. :rant

Latest posts