2016 Little Easy Bean Network - Gardeners Keeping Heirloom Beans From Extinction

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Ridgerunner,

I can't change the text on the bean photos because they are part of the photo file. Would have to resave them and redownload them.

However here is the list of the one's that are already taken. I've been putting up and running list every few posts.

WB-PKT #26 NancyJ10x
WB-PKT #27 Ridgerunner
WB-PKT #28 NancyJ10x
WB-PKT #29 NancyJ10x
WB-PKT #32 Ridgerunner
WB-PKT #34 Tricia77
WB-PKT #38 Ridgerunner
WB-PKT #39 Ridgerunner
WB-PKT #45 After Midnight
WB-PKT #50 Tricia77

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen that and its a pain I'm sure.

What I'm suggesting is to hit the edit button on your first post and add that list at the bottom of all those photos. Sort of an addendum. Then when someone takes some more beans, edit that post again. I think it would be easier than what you are doing now, plus the information is right there when people are looking at those photos and trying to decide.

This only took a few seconds to change color, highlight what you want to change then hit the underlined A (text Color) button in the menu above.

Something like this maybe.

Available

Some taken, more available

All gone

23 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 38 39 41 42 45 47 48 49 50

Last edited:

Circle-M-Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Are the numbers part of the photo?
If there not you can strike through the numbers that are not available anymore.
S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @Ridgerunner,

Thanks for the solution. That works real well. I used the three color sample numbers just below the photos. It used to be on the older EasyGarden.com that you couldn't edit a post after about 5 minutes. I didn't realize they changed that feature.

Last edited:

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Adam reporting in. I spoke to Russ and requested the following beans from the Easy Bean Network page in late 2015 for grow out this year:

Large Chocolate Tepary - unk
Orange Speckled Paiute Tepary - 2013
Passage to India Pole - ?
Botosani Cyclops - ? I think I finally was able to confirm was a bush variety, but these will get a trellis if needed.

I'll also see if I can give a report on the flavor of Piet Special and Solwezi as green and dried beans.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @VA_LongBean,

Have I sent you these beans yet? Glad you check in. I've looked all through all my email folders and I couldn't find any message about the beans you have just now mentioned. Things can get confusing for me sometimes. I try to stay organized, but I guess I'm like an AM Trak train, I jump the rails once in awhile. I can send you all the beans on your list except for the Passage to India. The seed is out on that one already to two other people. Would you like to pick another one?

VA_LongBean

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi @Bluejay77

Yes, the beans came a long time back and I am just waiting for warmer weather. The recent change from unseasonably hot to unseasonably frigid has scrambled my gardening plans. The trial potato patch is barely holding on, though the potato onions are happy enough. :) Still, beans never go in around here before mid-May. I'm looking forward to growing tepary beans.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @VA_LongBean,

The March and April weather have almost been doing a switch around for the last few years. March almost seems nicer than April. Then April seems to get colder. We don't have nice springs anymore like we used too, or so it seems. The cold around here seems to hang on way into May.

Latest posts