2017 Little Easy Bean Network – Everything Beans, Post It Here & Join The Fun

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes I think the young fellow who sent the beans to me said they were from the Rare Vegetable Seed Constortium. Thanks for the corrected spelling on the "Fasouli Rosi Scritti" I'll change my records. I had noticed Simcox's site was gone, and I'm wondering why that happened.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ, I know I'm late doing this but I just looked at your page #5 and noticed something. You have Davis Creek, Highlight, and Long Holler all listed as pole. All three should be labeled as bush. I should have proof read these before but just happened to notice Highlight was wrong and decided to check the rest of mine from 2016.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@aftermidnight,

Your money order finally made here yesterday. Thank you very much. Wishing everyone on this thread and everyone who checks into it to give it a read. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and will be back around the 10th of April 2018 with the new thread. It will be the start of our sixth year.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 well that took it's own sweet time getting there, it was mailed Nov. 27th. I'm expecting some bean seed from the UK sure hope they aren't going to take 4 months to get here like the last ones did. They've been in the mail approx. a month :fl.
Have a great time in the sun, see you back here next year. Our winter so far is the exact opposite of last year, last year we had snow and ice Nov. through March with freezing temps. This year, no snow yet, some days are foggy, some sunny, not too cold....yet. Now if it stays like this through the next couple of months I'll be a happy camper.

Edited to note: It's now snowing :hit:hit:hitI knew after saying that I should have touched wood. The weatherman just changed his prediction of rain to snow :smack.

Annette

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Hilo Laotian Lady lima I dug from the garden is looking pretty good so far. May get some seed from her yet!

20171226_134550.jpg

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:celebrateMY bean seed from the UK has arrived, this is another one I'd been looking a long time for. Grown here on Vancouver Island at one time it made it's way to the U.K. the only source I could find for it.
"Sarah's Old Fashioned Black" a black seeded snap bean, the only description I could find on it, the purple stemmed plants produce green pods with a purple stripe along the strings. I've sent half the seed I received on to a Seed's of Diversity member to grow out in case I don't get the chance.

Annette

Latest posts