2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Does anyone have Bomba and/or Malachite Green they want to sell/trade?

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Was going through my notes and apparently Dana's Mercury was a bush, like the pod parent Magpie, but had flatter, wider pods and seeds. Of course different color, as it was a solid purple. I also have drawings and pictures that show the vine growth pattern. Jara-beana has twin pods at each node while Black Bear has numerous pods at each node, much like tomatoes on the vine you buy in the grocery store. I will be sure to keep more detailed records and drawings this season

I also noted pod shapes, color and markings, bloom color, growth habit, etc. Will be exciting to see what changes

reedy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SE Indiana on a narrow ridge above the Ohio River
@reedy,

Just curious and was thinking about those Red Wolf beans. Are they showing any signs of wanting to climb? Throwing out any runners?

Not 100% sure about the Red Wolf. A lot of beans are not doing much climbing, even ones I know should be. We've had 15 inches of rain and not a single full day of sun this month. Things are growing but slowly. My beans and other vegetables are taller and ahead of the weeds but starting to get lost in them, everything needs some sunshine. Can't use a hoe so I'v been hand pulling the worst weeds. There are a few beans that are climbing good, I'll take my garden sketch out to the patch and see if I can identify which ones.

O, did I mention, it's raining.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not 100% sure about the Red Wolf. A lot of beans are not doing much climbing, even ones I know should be. We've had 15 inches of rain and not a single full day of sun this month. Things are growing but slowly. My beans and other vegetables are taller and ahead of the weeds but starting to get lost in them, everything needs some sunshine. Can't use a hoe so I'v been hand pulling the worst weeds. There are a few beans that are climbing good, I'll take my garden sketch out to the patch and see if I can identify which ones.

O, did I mention, it's raining.

looks pretty similar to here.

in my forecast of the next 13 items, 10 of them say "Mostly cloudy", 1 says "Partly cloudy", 1 says "Partly Sunny" and one says "Mostly sunny". this has been the pattern here for the past three weeks it seems. very rare to get two days with any sunshine in a row.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does anyone have Bomba and/or Malachite Green they want to sell/trade?

Hi @BeanQueen,

I have a little more than 20 Bomba seeds I could trade with you. What do you have that I might be interested in? Have you ever looked at my website? If You haven't seen my website. Click on my screen name under my bean avatar and that will open a window with a link to the website. You would probably know that I'm also interested in different seed coat colors and patterns that I don't have. We can do a trade if you like.

Last edited:

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi @BeanQueen,

I have a little more than 20 Bomba seeds I could trade with you. What do you have that I might be interested in? Have you ever looked at my website? If You haven't seen my website. Click on my screen name under my bean avatar and that will open a window with a link to the website. You would probably know that I'm also interested in different seed coat colors and patterns that I don't have. We can do a trade if you like.
Yes, I have perused your website many times :) I'm Kateri in the bean Facebook group, btw. Lol, the annoying one that posts everything in the group. I'm actually not sure what I would have that you don't!

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't see these two on your website, Ijevan King and Sultan's Golden Crescent. Would you be interested in either? I don't have my list off the top of my head

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@BeanQueen,

Yes I would be interested in the Ijevan King. This bean might have been brought into the country by Joseph Simcox. I did have the Ijevan Purple King from him once, but I sent it out in the network and it didn't grow or never came back. The two Ijevan beans that I had are from Ijevan, Armenia.

There is still plenty of time to grow Bomba yet this year. I'm going out to one of my offsites today to plant 20 semi runner varieties. Will put the beans in the mail tomorrow, and you will probably get them on Friday.

I do have an address label for you made up on my address labeling software. That's great. Now I know who you are.

BTW I don't think you are annoying. It's good to have active people on these groups. Keeps the groups interesting.

Last edited:

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There are a few seed coats for Ijevan King. (see image below, I noticed seed pod correlates with seed coat) I grow them as the mix I got them as. Do you want to exchange in the fall when I have fresh seed?
Screenshot_20190618-115530.png
Screenshot_20190618-115547.png
Screenshot_20190618-115609.png