2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are you sure they don't ship to the US? I can select the US at checkout.
Otherwise we can let them ship to me and I send them to you.
I tried it out. You can select but it doesn't let you check out

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you sure they don't ship to the US? I can select the US at checkout.
Otherwise we can let them ship to me and I send them to you.

When I'm on their website and select a variety that's available. Click on it to put it into the shopping cart. Then go to cart and check out after I have put in my name and correct address. There appears the message.....There are no shipping methods available. Their shopping cart might be programed to recognize your internet service provider generated decimal number which tells your location. I know this is possible to do because I used to get into listening to radio stations overseas and some of them wouldn't allow an overseas person with a foreign internet service provider to listen to their music stream. So their shopping cart might be program this way also.

Also I have a Paypal account and the website also offers the option to pay that way. When I click on go to Paypal. I just remain on the checkout page.

@thejenx Thank you for the offer to obtain and send these beans. I already have a fellow in the Czech Republic who has already agreed to obtain and ship these beans here. He has a brother who lives in the UK and frequently visits back home in the Czech Republic. His brother will obtain the beans and bring them with his next visit.

Last edited:

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, man! I happened upon a comment online regarding Slippery Silks that it's actually a runner/pole variety. Dang it! I thought it was a bush type and planted it with my other bush types!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted a pole bean with bush types once too because I thought the bean was a bush. As the pole bean grew it threw out such a long vine and developed so much foliage it almost choked out some of my bush varieties I was trying to grow for the first time. Not a fun mistake.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the deer found my unfenced bean garden last night so we'll see how well they do under grazing pressure... :( :| :)

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And the three rows of Magpie are going to be a jungle, too. The thought didn't occur to me they were all cross-pollinated. Remember the five outcrosses I found end of last year from a row of Magpie that rotted and self seeded? Apparently Magpie LOVES to be cross-pollinated. Hopefully I will find more beautiful outcrosses in those three rows

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Vining like crazy.

Also, @Bluejay77 I am keeping an eye on those three purple Sweetwater plants, they have different looking foliage, too, not vining, yet, if they will vine at all, just taller than the rest.

Latest posts