2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Red Swan- the flowers clusters are going to be pink!
IMG_20190710_194618303.jpg

@Bluejay77 the 3 Sweetwater rebels are sending up vines. Seems like everything exploded in growth last night, tomatoes fruiting, beans blooming and vining.
IMG_20190710_194552223.jpg

Serene has one runner that escaped out of the mesh cover and is clinging to the fence. It already has two striped pods hanging off of it.
Buckskin Girl and Ojo de Tigre are absolutely loaded with baby pods.
KoronisThree Islands is the first of several bush varieties I planted at once to bloom.
Edogava Zurunaki Name (EZN) is just starting to bloom, much later than expected. It was one of the first I planted.
Snow Cap is another prolific bloomer. It's doing exceptionally well compared to last year.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
some plants flowered and have little beans on them already! i noticed when watering today, but before i watered i had to get a few aimed better at their strings and poles to climb.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's amazing with all the rain we have had here in norhern Illinois this spring, and it caused everyone's gardens to get planted late. We now are dry. So I've got my soaker hose system in place to water my lovely bean children just at their root zone. The plot in the second photo will eventually be mulched.

IMG_0005[1].JPG

IMG_0004[1].JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's amazing with all the rain we have had here in norhern Illinois this spring, and it caused everyone's gardens to get planted late. We now are dry. So I've got my soaker hose system in place to water my lovely bean children just at their root zone. The plot in the second photo will eventually be mulched.

View attachment 32483

View attachment 32484

same here @Bluejay77 i've watered a few times already just to make sure the clay doesn't start cracking and to keep a steady ground moisture level. i don't want the tomatoes, cucumbers or onions to have any reason to stop producing or growing along with the beans or peas. this heat is surely going to be a stress on things this next week. we never have enough mulch here.

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I feel my mood improving day by day as I am already anticipating the fall harvest. Hope to have a good season and maybe find a cool new bean or two. Also interested to see what my Magpie outcrosses are up to.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel my mood improving day by day as I am already anticipating the fall harvest. Hope to have a good season and maybe find a cool new bean or two. Also interested to see what my Magpie outcrosses are up to.

i am always so much happier during gardening season - yet i also know that i really like the winter time off too for other things (including sorting beans :) ).

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I setup the big pole bean patch with soaker hoses. Heck now that we have all this warmth and sunshine. I'll just turn on the water and the stuff should grow pretty fast. I broke up the setup so I can connect the main water hose in three different places. The pressure from this fellows house won't drive it all as it's over 450 feet of soaker hose.

IMG_0006[1].JPG

IMG_0007[1].JPG

IMG_0008[1].JPG

IMG_0011[1].JPG

Last but not least I love my 40 foot row of zinnias. All from seed I save. Planted a few seeds every 18 inches and I'll support them when they get taller so any strong winds we get in storms won't flatten them. They'll probably start blooming near the end of this month.

Last edited:

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is turning out to be an amazing season! Ojo de Tigre are positively loaded with pods! They didn't even bother to climb this year, just prostrate on the ground...which is okay until it rains and rains. Many others are also in small-medium pod stage, some just starting to, or going to, flower. I am using blossom bags like they're going out of style and using mash bathroom curtains for bush beans. Magpie is flowering so we'll, but so many of them are vining

Latest posts