2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Annette (after midnight) lately? I'm a little worried about her since I haven't talked to her lately and she hasn't answered my emails.
The last time I heard from Annette was via an email reply, in late May. She said she didn't have much computer access, but was OK & hoped to be posting again soon in a few weeks. Its been awhile since then, I hope all is well. My bean grow outs are very limited this year, but most of those are cultivars she sent to me.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
The last time I heard from Annette was via an email reply, in late May. She said she didn't have much computer access, but was OK & hoped to be posting again soon in a few weeks. Its been awhile since then, I hope all is well. My bean grow outs are very limited this year, but most of those are cultivars she sent to me.

Well that is good news that you heard back from her. I didn't know anyone had tried to contact her. I sent her a short snail mail letter to her early this month of July, but still have not heard back from her. I had asked her about what she knew about a bean called Greek Cypriot which she sent to me in 2014.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw her name in the "users online now" section a while back, could have been a month, could have been more. But it has been quite a while since she posted, in March.

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Zeedman @Bluejay77 @Ridgerunner

Thanks everyone. I got concerned when she didn't answer my emails. I wonder what she's growing this year?

I haven't been able to grow like I used to.

I have 10 plants of an old variety of Okra. It's an early version of spineless.

I have 10 Big Boy Cowpeas, 11 Red Ripper Cowpeas and 6 Ozark Razorback Cowpeas. That's my garden. I dropped seed and used my foot to cover them. Was not able to prepare a garden area, so they are scattered in various places in my back yard.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman @Bluejay77 @Ridgerunner

Thanks everyone. I got concerned when she didn't answer my emails. I wonder what she's growing this year?

I haven't been able to grow like I used to.

I have 10 plants of an old variety of Okra. It's an early version of spineless.

I have 10 Big Boy Cowpeas, 11 Red Ripper Cowpeas and 6 Ozark Razorback Cowpeas. That's my garden. I dropped seed and used my foot to cover them. Was not able to prepare a garden area, so they are scattered in various places in my back yard.

we're still glad to hear from you even if you aren't growing anything at all. experience is valueable! :) i hope you have recovered or are doing ok now?

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The damage from mice is even more extensive than I first found. They sampled and even devoured all early varieties. We caught an absolutely massive mouse this morning. It looked like it had swallowed a whole potato

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The damage from mice is even more extensive than I first found. They sampled and even devoured all early varieties. We caught an absolutely massive mouse this morning. It looked like it had swallowed a whole potato

sounds like you got it right before it had babies... i wonder if at that stage they like pickles and cheese? :)

BeanQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ugandan Bantu outcross

I also found my first leathery pod! Buckskin Girl. Soon I will be shelling that one, Ojo de Tigre, Serene, Snow Cap, and French Pole Bean. Ojo de Tigre is not far behind Buckskin girl, pods are yellowing. I'm so excited!
IMG_20190729_192913176.jpg

Latest posts