2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Artur, I live in Poland, in the Świętokrzyskie Mountains (Holy Cross Mountains). My favorite plants are tomatoes and beans and I grow them with pleasure. I have been following Network threads for a very long time and have learned a lot from them. I decided to join you. At the beginning I apologize for my English, it is not the best, but I hope it will be understandable.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Artur, I live in Poland, in the Świętokrzyskie Mountains (Holy Cross Mountains). My favorite plants are tomatoes and beans and I grow them with pleasure. I have been following Network threads for a very long time and have learned a lot from them. I decided to join you. At the beginning I apologize for my English, it is not the best, but I hope it will be understandable.

you're doing great! welcome aboard! :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug, There is a Hungarian variety called "Pisarecka Zlutoluske" that is supposed to be an outstanding wax variety. Don't know how it compares with Top Notch as far as tenderness. I've never grown it. It's supposed to be about the earliest wax bean there is at 48 days for the first picking on compact plants. Sandhill Preservation Center in Iowa sells the bean.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hello Artur, Glad you made it to the thread. More bean people more fun.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug, There is a Hungarian variety called "Pisarecka Zlutoluske" that is supposed to be an outstanding wax variety. Don't know how it compares with Top Notch as far as tenderness. I've never grown it. It's supposed to be about the earliest wax bean there is at 48 days for the first picking on compact plants. Sandhill Preservation Center in Iowa sells the bean.

thanks Russ i will check it out. :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ's 2019 Bean Show Day #2

Armenian Giant Black - Pole Snap

There was a fellow who was part of this network in 2014 for just one season. He lived in Ohio and thought that his family was going to sell the house and move to Texas. So he had these seeds of a black seeded snap bean from according to the name Armenia. He didn't want try to grow them so he sent me the seed. I almost didn't recognize the 5 seeds he sent as seeds. Whenever they were grown the plants must have gone through some bad weather kind of like the season everyone has had this year. The seed was shriveled and sunken in so I planted all 5 of them around one pole. 4 of them came up and three died within a few weeks. The one left just sat for a long time before it started to send out a runner to climb the pole about the middle of July. It truely was my miracle bean of 2014. It produced some fairly good size pods in September and I probably harvested about 160 seeds before frost. I kept 30 nice seeds and sent the rest back to the fellow who sent the 5 seeds to me. I put the seeds in a baby food jar in the basement and they sat there until this year. I thought after 5 years I should grow some out. Well this year I really got to see what the plant was and could do. Big long snap pods probably about 10 inches long. The seeds are large. It produced a nice crop of seed. I need to try them as a snap bean sometime. I got 17.85 ounces of seed (506 grams)

Armenian Giant Black #2.JPG

"Armenian Giant Black" - Pole Snap

Armenian Giant Black #3.JPG

Armenian Giant Black Pods #2 - 10 & 8.JPG

Armenian Giant Black - Dry Pods

Armenian Giant Black Tray - 17.85.JPG

Total 2019 Seed Crop

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm the person who originally gave HIM the seed for Armenian Black (he asked on the other forum I belong to if anyone had seed for BIG beans). The seed originally came from Richters. I split my pack at the time with another member on the other forum since I was only interested in the ones with white spots (which you have told me is in fact only pod residue) So I'm responsible for the crummy condition of the original seed. They REALLY didn't like it here.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score

Aussie Purple King

One of the Network beans I grew out this year. Australian variety. Nice bean and good size purple pods. Sent to me by an Australian fellow in 2013 who spends a lot of time in South Africa. That's were he had sent the beans from. He probably sent about a hundred varieties back then. The bean did pretty good considering the soil prepeartion and the weather. Got 12 ounces of beans (340 grams)

Aussie Purple King.JPG

Aussie Purple King Pod #1- 8.00.JPG

8 inch pod.

Aussie Purple Tray - 12.05.JPG

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score

Berner Landfrauen - Pole Snap

A Swiss snap variety. Did not do well here this year. Small crop of seed. Plants looked stunted all summer and the seed was smaller that usual. Also the seed was not filled out as well just a little flatter than normal. Seed crop harvested was 1.5 ounces (44 grams). Plus some of the seed was off type.

Berner Landfrauen.JPG

"Berner Landfrauen"

Berner Landfrauen Tray - 1.55.JPG

Total 2019 Seed Crop with some gray off types.