2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ Crow's 2019 Bean Show Day #13

Kleine Soldatenboon - Bush - Dry

This is another of my overly rained on beans at planting time and I think I only maybe one plant, and it grew stunted because of all the wetness. Obtained this bean from a Jannes Aalders in Groningen, Netherlands in 2013. This years planting produced only 1 ounce of seed (28 grams) The seed is like a beautiful brown soldier bean.

Kleine Soldatenboon.JPG

Kleinesoldatenboon - Bush, Dry

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score

Koronis Pinto Trout- Bush - Dry

Another of Robert Lobitz beans obtaines from the Inspirations Garden Centre in Exeter, Tasmania, Australia This year planting did not produce one single seed that was what the Koronis Pinto Trout was supposed to look like. First photo is from 2018 and the second photo is all of this years seed harvest from this variety.

Koronis Pinto Trout.jpg

Koronis Pinto Trout - Bush Dry

Koronis Pinto Trout Tray 2019 - 4.50.JPG

2019 Koronis Pinto Trout Grow Out.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score

Koronis Yellow Eye - Bush - Dry

Could you tell by the name that this is a Robert Lobitz original bean. Blossom white. Grows without runners. Early, with first dry pod in 73 days when grown here in northern Illinois. Three weeks to dry down it's entire pod set. Named and introduced by Robert Lobitz through the Seed Savers Exchange yearbook in 1999. The beans seemed larger than most yellow eyes that I've seen and grown before. Seed Harvested From 10 plants 9 ounces (255 grams).

Koronis Yellow Eye.JPG

Koronis Yellow Eye - Bush, Dry

Michael Lusk

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 Everything is good and dry and I'm shipping my bean seeds today; hopefully you'll have the package by the end of the week. This year I managed to get a full return on all of the network beans! My 2020 garden space hasn't been determined yet, but I'll be in touch for next year as soon as I work out how many I'm able to grow.

Thanks again for everything you do with this project, it's AWESOME!
IMG_4116D.jpeg
IMG_4117D.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 Everything is good and dry and I'm shipping my bean seeds today; hopefully you'll have the package by the end of the week. This year I managed to get a full return on all of the network beans! My 2020 garden space hasn't been determined yet, but I'll be in touch for next year as soon as I work out how many I'm able to grow.

Thanks again for everything you do with this project, it's AWESOME!
View attachment 33631View attachment 33632

glad those Munachedda Pale beans worked out for you! the seeds i send back last year were looking pretty sad.

Michael Lusk

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
glad those Munachedda Pale beans worked out for you! the seeds i send back last year were looking pretty sad.
Its funny. The Munachedda Pale were enormous plants - twice as large as anything else I had. I think they would have topped a 20' pole if there was one. But, very few actual beans. In the end though, it set some pods but nothing like I would have expected based on the vigor of the plants.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Its funny. The Munachedda Pale were enormous plants - twice as large as anything else I had. I think they would have topped a 20' pole if there was one. But, very few actual beans. In the end though, it set some pods but nothing like I would have expected based on the vigor of the plants.

i had great plants and a lot of pods, most of the pods set too late.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ Crow's 2019 Bean Show Day #14

La Pap - Pole - Dry

This pole bean struggled terribly this summer. Very little nice seed to had from this years grow out. This bean came from Harriet Mella in Liebenfels, Austria in 2013. Total Seed Harvest: 1 ounce (28 grams). I'll probably pick out a few growable seeds and throw the rest of it away.

La Pap.JPG

La Pap - Pole, Dry

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ Crow's 2019 Bean Show Day #14

La Pap Segregation - Pole - Dry

In 2016 I found an off type in La Pap the kind of reminded me of Bosnian Pole. This bean too struggled to produce any good seed. Total Seed Harvest: 2.20 ounces (62 grams). This La Pap off type produced it's own off type this summer. Second Photo.

La Pap OT.JPG

La Pap Off Type - Pole, Dry

La Pap OT - Seg.JPG

La Pap Off Type Segregation

Latest posts