2021 Little Easy Bean Network - Bean Lovers Come Discover Something New !

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ok, let's try this again.

Dapple Pink

DSC_20210822_175517-0400_1067_Dapple_Pink.jpg

Monster Children

DSC_20210822_175832-0400_1070_Monster_Children.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my grow out this season of Pisarecka Zlutoluske will give me enough seeds to return them to @Bluejay77. i was wondering if they quality would be improved by the work i did in the garden where i planted them and it did seem to help.

i'm not sure yet about some of the others.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was the gray beans and the ones with the red eye patch segregations from Lemon Slice ?

no, i should not have combined them in that picture, but i didn't want to take two... the Dapple Gray out-cross was Monster, so all Monster Children are decendents of DG and M. Lemon Slice i just snuck in there. :)

some Monster Children have given me back DG again this year.

the solid gray are repeats from what i planted and those also were Monster Children. i have about six different eye patch colors as Monster Children too. Monster is very prolific. the solid gray are also growth quality and habit of DG and Monster (bush). all very healthy in our heavy soils and moderately productive.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm curious about those 2 beans too @flowerbug...are the grey ones descendants of Dapple Gray somehow?

the grays are from Dapple Grey via Monster, so they are called one of the Monster Children.

i'm sure i've seen the solid gray in @Bluejay77 's collection so to have that show up from a disturbance of DG isn't too surprising. :)

the other of the two beans is actually about four at a minimum as a few of them have now repeated through two plantings so they are approaching stability. i have a bunch of others too...

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
the grays are from Dapple Grey via Monster, so they are called one of the Monster Children.

i'm sure i've seen the solid gray in @Bluejay77 's collection so to have that show up from a disturbance of DG isn't too surprising. :)

the other of the two beans is actually about four at a minimum as a few of them have now repeated through two plantings so they are approaching stability. i have a bunch of others too...
I'd love to try those grey beans 😉

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd love to try those grey beans 😉

@Bluejay77 has two greys as the named varieties Cyrus Grays and Pale Grey Lavender and i would take Cyrus Grays as they are an Robert Lobitz bean.

i really wish there was some history of Dapple Grey.

i'm not sure how stable they are yet. they're doing ok, but i have one or two more years yet before i'll be sure of that.

i don't have a any quantity of these yet so i won't be offering samples until they're grown out better.

Artorius

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I also started harvesting Lemon Slice. I have two types of seeds.
The first is quite large seeds with clearly visible yellow swirls.

Lemon Slice 1.jpg

The second is the seeds that are smaller, with a very light, almost invisible yellow color.

Lemon Slice 2.jpg

Half runner, plants are about 1.8 meters high.

Last edited: