2023 Little Easy Bean Network - Beans Beyond The Colors Of A Rainbow

Ladyreneer

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Ladyreneer,

Have you sent me your list of beans that you wanted yet. I just sent beans to someone in The Netherlands yesterday, but I don't know if that might have been you. In fact you might not be a Netherlands bean grower.
Yes, I've sent it 2x now and I've identified myself as Ladyreneer from LEBN. Renée R. Could you please send me an email and then I will respond to that? This is what I've been using...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414_155440_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414_155440_Chrome~2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 61

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How many of our Canadian growers here have a subcription to the Globe And Mail. Senior feature writer Erin Anderssen will interview over the phone Monday. We will talk about Blue Jay, Seed saving and maybe other gardening topics. Will see if he gets any useful information to write about in the publication.
What a coincidence! I'm speaking with her on Tuesday!

Last edited:

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I've sent it 2x now and I've identified myself as Ladyreneer from LEBN. Renée R. Could you please send me an email and then I will respond to that? This is what I've been using...
I found your email in my spam folder. I will email you about the details of your request.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Recent bean mail from Beans & Herbs UK. I tried photoing the beans on fabric. I don't think I've quite got a handle on this yet. Maybe I need to create more angle from the camera to the seeds. Beans & Herbs UK certianly send out very nice seed. I think I ordered them in December and ran them through the USDA examing station in New Jersey. I got the beans about a week ago. This place in the UK was so accommodating. I emailed them and told them about my way of receiving beans from overseas using my USDA small seed lots account and they were very willing to go along with the entire procedure.

Tunny - Pole Dry
Tunny-2.jpg

Veitch's Climbing - Pole Dry
Veitch's Climbing-2.jpg

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77, Tunny is listed on page 1 of the thread. Is it still valid? I have my own Tunny seeds and want to plant it as a backup bean.

I'm not sure what you mean by valid. When I ordered these beans I wasn't sure if I was going to get any of the Tunny variety back from anyone so I placed an order for them. I guess you could say the listing of the bean on page one of this thread is still valid. Beans & Herbs UK send out 30 seeds when you order from them. If you don't want to send any of the Tunny beans to me you don't have to. I had a small amount of seed last year and tried growing them but they were a complete failure in my pole bean planting last summer.

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
After I got this 25 to 30 pound bag of beans totally unpacked of seed that Joseph Simcox had brought into the U.S. that I had acquired at Karen Golden's house in Michigan in late February. I found a few seeds that I am not interested in and would offer to anyone here that might want them. A couple packets of seed I have no idea what they are and I photoed them so maybe someone can identify what they might be and they are all up for offer. I'll keep this seed around for another week and if there are no takers I will dispose of them.

Anyone know what these might be?

PHOTO #1.jpg

These are marked Grey Stone Fava. Year on the packet is 2015.
PHOTO #2.jpg

These I'm sure are not tomato seed but then again what do I know.
PHOTO #3.jpg

These have tiny white dots all over them. Maybe an invasive species once they really get going.
PHOTO #4.jpg

Two packets of Lab Lab beans. Maybe about 4 ounces.
DOLICHOS LAB LAB - NO YEAR.jpg

A little Brown Soybean that Joseph looks like he got from the USDA seed bank.
It has a USDA accession number of PI 548395. The packet is marked 2013

SOYBEAN - OGEMAW - PI 548395 - 2013.jpg

Another Soybean with USDA accession number PI 243529.
Packet is marked with the year 2013.
SOYBEAN PI 243529 - GOYO-2013.jpg

Another Soybean with a USDA accession number of PI 567214 A
Year is also 2013.

SOYBEAN DEMETIA - PI 567214 A- 2013.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts