Already off to a bad start

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a pretty pansy! I really like the darker colored flowers in general. That blue really sets off the black. Do you have many of these, or are they pretty limited?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Its a very sad photo of 1 pansy. Sorry

actually there are 3, the other two just hadn't flowered yet. And for pansies that seeded themselves that actually isn't all that bad for up here (where seed staying good over the winter outside is rare)

There actually was a fourth one (in a more johnny-jump-up pattern) but that one showed up in a crack in the patio, and isn't flowering anymore Whether it is still there or the gardeners pulled it up I don't know (I THINK I saw it's leaves the last time I was out, but there are a lot of weeds with pansy like leaves so I can't be sure)

That's a pretty pansy! I really like the darker colored flowers in general. That blue really sets off the black. Do you have many of these, or are they pretty limited?

At the time I PLANTED them, two years ago I put in the better part of two flats of them. But the usual diminution of seed plus the fact that not all of them came true means that, as of this time, those three are all I have NOW. But there are some other solid black ones I planted in the front.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
story
http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Sojoboscribe/library/

Vetch has flowers now. Similar in many respects to the wooly/smooth vetch around here, but the flowers are a little more spaced out (plus, of course, pink instead of purple)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is the plant the vetch is in with?

The wild vetch ish blooming like crazy here. Very pretty! I once planted vetch with oats for hay. Just barely got away with that.

I should have been inhibited from doing that from cutting hay as a kid ... oh, I was probably running the rake. We had one unirrigated field, cut once a year and some vetch would be in there. If it was very much - what a tangled mess it would make!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is the plant the vetch is in with?

The wild vetch ish blooming like crazy here. Very pretty! I once planted vetch with oats for hay. Just barely got away with that.

I should have been inhibited from doing that from cutting hay as a kid ... oh, I was probably running the rake. We had one unirrigated field, cut once a year and some vetch would be in there. If it was very much - what a tangled mess it would make!

Steve
Some american nightshade that has gotten totally out of control I'd remove it, but by now the vetch and grasspea are climbing on it so I'd destroy them if I tried. Plus they are giving some camouflage to keep them out of the critters sight and teeth (once the pods show up, they become just as attractive to them as they were when they were seedlings)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
UPDATES

1. Grasspea seed is harvested (oddly it's a lot yellower than what went in)

The biggest pot of Azukis now has flowers. Picture is stock, but mine look similar

b10a222842ce9dbe1e2ed1a7b58dc604.jpg

Now if only the other two pots would catch up. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad of what I can get, but those ARE the ones I can theoretically still get a few of; and I'd be much happier if I had the others (which I can't get more of) to back them up.

Latest posts