nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
That looks de-LISH! I *might* just have to get me some of that!! :-D

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love it! Gardening is so exciting, someone mentioned on this forum that there is so much promise in one tiny little seed, and I completely agree! I've been gardening for about 6 years now, and I still get super excited over every new little seedling that comes up! Plus each year I want to try some sort of new seed or veggie, and my excitement seems never ending! Careful though, seed collecting can become an addiction!

Have you thought about making pesto with all that basil? It's super easy, and I store mine in the freezer in baggies. defrosts really fast and I use it for so many things, inculding pesto garlic bread!! YUM! Oh, and pesto chicken salad sandwiches are great, sometimes I'll add some of my dried tomatoes to it too! Ok, getting hungry now... :D

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mmmm!! That sounds good!! I'm almost embarrassed to say that I've never even HAD pesto!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! oh!

No, I'll settle down! In noodle soup, I appreciate the flavor of basil but avoid eating it. It is a better choice than oregano in tomato dishes, including spaghetti pizza sauce but I will avoid eating the dark green sprigs of basil.

Lemon basil on roast salmon is delish - of course, I won't eat the basil. My appreciation for flavors really include licorice-flavor in a huge way, and basil fits right in there! Pesto -- I can eat, even if is spread thinly.

So, I've got Genovese basil. And, sweet Napolitano-type basil (just so I can be a tomato sauce snob). Then there's the Thai basil for the noodle soup! The Genovese is best for pesto but it really makes little difference. I mean, by the time you've got the Romano or Parmesan cheese worked in there -- who knows what kind of basil is in the mix?!

Anyway qt, even if you aren't quite sure if you really want to eat basil . . . pesto is simple, variable and a wonderful addition to all sorts of things! All you need to start off, is some basil . . .

Steve ;)