Any handy tips for getting rid of smoke smell?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
OMGosh!! I HAVE to be nose blind bc I am the one who cleans up after the horses, the chickens, the cats and every so often my wonderful dog, who is kind enough to mess on the cement in the basement if we have left her too long.
SInce I have cats that spray--did you know that Female cats will spray, too?--my solution is to put the object outside for two weeks and let sunshine and fresh air clean it up before I wash it with baking soda.
Honestly, if super clean is your thing, so be it, but I am far too busy to want to get rid of every single odor in my house exCEPT right before my yearly "Salsa Party", and then I buy stock in Febreze. The only two rooms that I try to keep nice smelling is the bath and the kitchen. Usually soap and water are the best ways to do it.
If you scrub some modern fabrics, like on furniture, you will discover how poorly the fabric is woven and it will start looking pretty shabby, pretty fast.
Yes, I have and use a carpet shampooer, which has an attachment for furniture, and Hoover sells some great shampoo. I also throw in some flea dip during 9 months of the year, just for good measure.

Latest posts