Any handy tips for getting rid of smoke smell?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The best solution is FRESH AIR, too bad it is too cold to let doors and windows stand open. come on SPRING> Oh and Happy Groundhog day ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been a couple of days hows the smell ?

It's fading nicely. At least I think it is. When I was outside for a couple of hours yesterday and came back in, the smell was still present but it didn't make my knees buckle, haha.

It got up to 40 yesterday so I opened windows and doors for 30 minutes. I got the cabinets washed down and the kitchen walls and ceiling.
Washed down a few walls in the living room also but I'm not done in there yet. Our kitchen is open to the dining room and living room so it all got the same blast of smoke.

I'm going to look into the ozone machine, (isn't ozone bad for you though?). It would be nice to eliminate all odors now and then.

The odor eliminator I bought is pretty much odorless which I like. I don't care much for Febreze's perfumy after smell.

I have a bucket of charcoal out and two cookie sheets of baking soda. Will also do some vinegar this afternoon. I have to go out and do a bunch of chores so I'll attack the house again when I get back in.

Thanks for all your helpful ideas and suggestions everyone, I knew you all could come up with some great tips. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear it getting better. I don't think people appreciate how much work burnt toast is lol. Hope you knock it out soon.

Thanks Collector. It really is a tough job, but somebody has to step up now and then and incinerate a food item or two.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny story, a week or so ago when we installed the gas range the first thing cooked was bacon. The gas range got so hot it set off fire alarm in hallway lol. We were not ready for how much hotter the gas is. I told her it reminded me of when we were first married lol.

Latest posts