Any handy tips for getting rid of smoke smell?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbor has one of those new electric stoves when the top is cold to the touch and you need a special metal pan for it to work. It has had to be fixed twice in 2 years but it sure is easy to clean. But I have always used gas. The best part about gas is when the power goes out you can still cook easily.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't yet burned toast on top of my stove...
in the broiler, yes.
Thanks for expanding my flammables horizon Major.

Speaking of carbon, my MIL talks about how DH's dad loved burnt toast (and cookies). She would always be embarrassed when on a Saturday morning his pigeon racing buddies came over and she would serve him 2 very black slices of toast on a plate.
That along with her cigarette habit made their house smell like the inside of a charcoal bbq grill.

:ep:sick:ep:sick

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, this is beyond..........

City people complain about what farmers put in ounces on an acre of dirt, YET they put all kind of chemicals into water and that’s ok.....not to mention what they put on their lawns, toilets, dumps, land fills, etc. let’s visit about who is polluting this world..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score

City people complain about what farmers put in ounces on an acre of dirt, YET they put all kind of chemicals into water and that’s ok.....not to mention what they put on their lawns, toilets, dumps, land fills, etc. let’s visit about who is polluting this world..

Off with their heads.....

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score

There is a guy who lives a block from us that SATURATE sprays every weed in sight on his lot . I talked with him about his mode of operation , but he refuses to listen ... " I wan't them dead NOW " is his answer, then continues to overspray. :he

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the huge declines in biodiversity have a pretty direct corrolation with the use of modern pesticides.

everyone, city and country people are involved in this massive killing spree.

i don't really have much hope most days... :( you see it no matter where you go. everyone has to kill and control every little creature around them and in the end this world is going to be empty of life. China already did their own ecology in and nobody really gave a sh*t. doing the same thing here now... idiocy.

if i were here on my own there would have been no spraying for the past 12 years, but Mom uses weed killer in a few places. it took me a while to talk her out of using sprays that were having a bad effect on the toads/frogs/water creatures, but they have returned.

we're pretty much surrounded by farm fields, we get drifts from their sprays and if that's not enough the government gets us from the other directions for mosquito control.

i really regret not having more land around us.

Latest posts