Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hahaha @Carol Dee I’m exhausted too! Was putting up a short span of fence yesterday in drizzling rain with Peggy and Bennet ( sellers of the farm and now next property line neighbors). Soon we were wet. Then the bottom fell out and we looked like drowned fats. We quit and put away tools. I went inside to work.

Knees are screaming at me with throbbing pain, the 3 Advil I took an hour ago are starting to work. I’ve got things to do and don’t have time to sit around. I can do plenty of that after surgery. LOL

I’m guessing Bennet and Peggy will be back this morning to stretch the wire and staple it. Then I’ll clip the T-posts, drag a horse panel over to T-post in place and start making a safe yard for DD’s little dogs. They are coming Labor Day weekend. Working feverishly to have granddaughters bedroom ready, I think I’m gonna make it.

@ducks4you the drought is busted for my area. I have another dead oak, it just didn’t make it. I’ll have to call Domingo, same guy that took down the other trees. It’s right up against the front yard, driveway, gates and fence on both sides. He’s wanting a ram from me, I’m waiting on lambs now. Maybe we can work a trade.

Day is dawning, got to get dressed, out to feed sheep and get to the farm. Hopefully we can move big stuff this Saturday, if the rain will give us a break. Hopefully I can get pens up and move sheep/dogs too. I’ll sleep at whatever location they are at.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chris put new toilet in blue (my) bathroom yesterday and will pull old toilet from hall bathroom today. Then I can tape, float, sand, Kilz walls and ceiling. Paint ceiling. Texture walls, paint, and have Chris put new toilet in. The new toilets are the taller size. The old toilets are short and too close to the floor for worn out knees. Can’t hardly get off the damned things, sure wouldn’t be able to after knee replacement surgery.. Got grab bars to install too.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chris put new toilet in blue (my) bathroom yesterday and will pull old toilet from hall bathroom today. Then I can tape, float, sand, Kilz walls and ceiling. Paint ceiling. Texture walls, paint, and have Chris put new toilet in. The new toilets are the taller size. The old toilets are short and too close to the floor for worn out knees. Can’t hardly get off the damned things, sure wouldn’t be able to after knee replacement surgery.. Got grab bars to install too.

it's amazing what a few inch difference can make for those! we had one put in here for the main bathroom (my feet barely touch the floor so i gotta laugh when i use it on my tippy toes).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's amazing what a few inch difference can make for those! we had one put in here for the main bathroom (my feet barely touch the floor so i gotta laugh when i use it on my tippy toes).
I’ll take tippy toes over butt dropped in a short bucket any day!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we had to replace toilets after housefire 15 years ago we looked ahead to old age :old and bought the taller ones. We are already glad we did. Especially when his Mom was here.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well speaking of toilets, we have one at the cabin for at least 20 years that we've owned it and it was already there. It has got to be the shortest toilet I've ever seen. Fortunately the sink is right there where you can grab it for balance if you have to haha.

When we remodeled our tiny bathroom in our house we put in a tall one. At first I wasn't happy because it seemed out of scale with the room but it was too expensive to ship back. I got used to it. Yes, I ordered my toilet online hahaha.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of that massive oak tree that I cut a lot of barbed wire out of. A hackberry tree is growing up at the base of the oak, they have grown together at the base. There is a railroad cross tie squished between them, a relic of a past corner post.

6939FC81-9E70-4AEB-A9A0-2C138D35E65E.jpeg

Wire that I missed

470B2B01-81DE-45D9-B291-938A8326D0A6.jpeg

More wire

04D3077A-9CB0-4448-B290-27FA94F8799B.jpeg

I never staple wire to trees. Trees continue to grow, it’s not good for the fence and not good for the tree. The top of this tree is dead. It’s only a matter of time for this tree.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I crashed yesterday. Bennet and I put up the short span of wire next to the house. Now I can drag horse panels over, T-post them in place and have a yard for DD’s little dogs when they come for Labor Day weekend. I was so tired and both knees were giving me a lot of pain. I had taken 6 Advil just to accomplish what little I got done, I left the farm, went to son’s house and passed out in my recliner. I slept 2 hours. Son came in and I woke up.

I took another nap or two, went to bed at 9, slept until 7 this morning. I feel a whole lot better this morning.

I have to go to town today. I need rubber boots, new farm shoes, I’ve worn out the ones I have. I need to go to Academy, Lowes, Tractor Supply, Walmart, the bank and I think I’ll go buy that sleeper sofa I looked at last week. I’ll be gone all day. Oh, got to fill up the truck too.

I will be at the farm tomorrow to finish sheep pens. Moving on Saturday, moving sheep and dogs Sunday. Then I will officially be living at my farm!

Latest posts