Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s real tall, huge trunk that I can’t reach around and the top is dead.

Spending first night at the farm. Got most of the big stuff moved. Have a pile of boxes for the future yard sale in sons house. I’ll unpack, put away, and go get more. Everything is a mess, but I’ll get it all straightened out.

Son and I will bring sheep and dogs tomorrow.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moved sheep and dogs yesterday. Anatolians are loving all the room to patrol. They were amazed at the pond. I told them it was water, they drank some, walked in it and were ok. Sheep are loving all the grass. Big full bellies, they are happy.

House is a mess. Water heater won’t stay lit. Paperwork for home warranty is at son’s house. Direct TV is on the way to hook it up. When they leave, I’ll go get papers and call.

I have one working toilet. Pulled first one, taped, floated, sprayed with Kilz. Sprayed ceiling with white paint. Textured walls, painted. Cleaned up mess, Chris set new toilet. He pulled toilet in hall bathroom. Now it needs all the above.

DD and family coming this weekend. Guess what won’t be operational yet? Ought to be interesting.

I’m tired and have no ambition. I’ve spent time with Anatolians and sheep. Carson is asleep on the floor. Chris is taking down fence wire at son’s house today and we’ll put it up for yard fence for Carson. And DD’s little dogs so they don’t become coyote snacks. Carson had to spend the night in a very small kennel outside last night.

Dogs barked a lot last night, to be expected. Trying not to do much today. I’m just tired.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, you need to rest and take care of yourself so that you can keep on going.

Mary
I did exactly that yesterday. I took a long nap in the afternoon. Got Direct TV installed yesterday morning, so just sat around for that. I went to Lufkin to pay for a sleeper sofa, got to the store right before it closed, now it will be delivered on Friday.

I slept hard last night, didn’t wake up until 5:10 and went back to sleep until 7 this morning. I slipped outside in my PJ’s and rubber boots to let Sheba, Sentry and the 17 ewes out on pasture. 1 ewe is with Ringo, they are in a separate pen,

If nothing else, I’m going to tape and float the seam behind the toilet in the hallway. Texture it tomorrow, paint it Thursday and Chris can set new toilet Friday. Even if I don’t get the rest of the bathroom done, I’ll at least have 2 working toilets.

Called 800 number on water heater, it’s 2 years old. Warranty doesn’t transfer to a new owner, but they diagnosed the problem, gave me the part number and website to order it from.

Then I called the home warranty company (warranty I got when I bought the property) and they took down information, gave me a Houston phone number to be expecting a call from. I’m sure, coming out of Houston, that company is going to make it their priority to go to a rural county that nobody has ever heard of, down a dead end gravel road out in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, right. Eh, we’ll see how this plays out.

Yesterday morning Peggy and Bennet were on the 4-wheeler, checking the cows. I was out in the field, walking fence line with the dogs. They ran to bark at the 4-wheeler, I introduced them to Peggy and Bennet, told them it was ok. Bennet is on the 4-wheeler now checking cows. They still have 40 acres on the north side of me. Sheba and Senrty ram to the fence, barely barked, “Oh, it’s you” and then ignored him. Good dogs, they are learning what is, and what isn’t a threat already.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have one room that looks halfway nice-granddaughters room. LOL

Papaw’s desk where they loved to draw and color with him, my Mom’s swivel rocker, her round rug. The twin full bunk beds are put together, and a bookcase. They can unpack their books and put them in the bookcase. They can put their art supplies in Papaw’s desk, he would love that. And the horse head trim.

4137B305-63D9-4A8A-9565-64A065CF11FD.jpeg

7A34CF9E-139B-4DA7-8F42-F30AE85CAF8A.jpeg
911B6DA6-4DB8-4F50-BAC0-F4B64165AE6F.jpeg