Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally finished my small utility room shelves. It’s where the washer/dryer used to go, previous owners added a bigger utility room. So this nook was begging for shelves for my canning stuff. Done!!! I still have room. I’ll put up a curtain to help keep dust out but for right now, I just want to admire!

8B14A89F-DE87-4CB6-B0F0-7BC271D60E5E.jpeg

Now the pantry with its ridiculous 10” small openings, is empty. I can unpack more boxes! There will be some rearranging going on in the kitchen!

F64B78F0-A399-435F-8C96-B83DF578418E.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
With a Siberian cold front coming, I worked on sheep shelters today. Cooper the ram and his girlfriend Dessa are in the front yard so today they got a spacious pallet barn. 2 pallets across the back, one on each side and a romantic tin roof. I fed them in it so they could get the idea…… they are laying out in the yard as of a few minutes ago.

E0A4DB5F-D4E0-4A84-94E2-3AFF494BCDFF.jpeg

The ewe have 2 Quonset huts that they crowd into during rain storms. They have a double cow panel hut with a tarp over the top that I put up mainly for shade. Today it got 2 pallets that didn’t stretch all the way across, but no problem, I put tin over it. This is the north side, so it will block the wind. Pallets are 8’ the tin is 7’. Oh well. Something beats nothing.

9F8E82B9-A5AD-4BD4-A5D4-822010E44790.jpeg

Inside view. I’ll throw down hay and it will be quite cozy.
FDC347CA-C4F9-464C-A599-31AA271A950F.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up with sore muscles from dragging those pallets around.
I don’t have the energy level and stamina I had before knee replacement surgery. I wear out sooner and it takes me longer to recover. I’m told it will take a full year for me to fully recover from surgery and I’m almost 3 months in, it’s gonna be a long year……..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up with sore muscles from dragging those pallets around.
I don’t have the energy level and stamina I had before knee replacement surgery. I wear out sooner and it takes me longer to recover. I’m told it will take a full year for me to fully recover from surgery and I’m almost 3 months in, it’s gonna be a long year……..

plus you were sick. that takes a chunk out of people. i remember one year after pneumonia that it took me most of the summer to get back to even close to normal again.

farmerjan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yep, @baymule it takes twice as long as we want it to, just to get back to some form of normal. I still do not have the strength and stamina I had, with the bad knees... and it is VERY FRUSTRATING.... Plus, I gained weight the 2 years before with the ankle replacement and the knees hurting so much... and now cannot seem to take it off. Been doing a "calorie" watch.... careful of intake... and since I am not a big snack person, don't keep much in the house anyway.. it is hard to cut things that most people suggest. Averaging 1000 calories a day and many times less... Again, my fathers side of the family is all pretty "sturdy" built... so I come by it with genes too... but I am going to try to get back to some more disciplined exercising because I hate the lack of stamina and energy....
I just need to get off my butt and DO MORE....
The cold seems to get to me more too... maybe the metal parts attract the cold ??? :(:lol:o_O:hit. That doesn't get me out in the cold doing stuff like I should....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even with my knee feeling like somebody was driving screwdrivers through it with a sledgehammer, I just powered through the pain and hit it like a hurricane.
Now- not so much. But I’ll just keep going, and you will too, and we’ll get back to being a storm on 2 feet. :lol:

Latest posts