Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even with my knee feeling like somebody was driving screwdrivers through it with a sledgehammer, I just powered through the pain and hit it like a hurricane.
Now- not so much. But I’ll just keep going, and you will too, and we’ll get back to being a storm on 2 feet. :lol:
I have NO doubt you will ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finished improvements to the hoop shelter. I dragged 4 of those super heavy pallets to the sheep lot and put 2 on each side to block wind. Now with the 2 Quonset hits, there is plenty of room for them to get out of the weather. It looks quite cozy now!

5C65B49E-8760-4A23-BF90-8E2CAF072B65.jpeg

E3B0A139-90E9-4744-84BD-02E8178C27B2.jpeg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finished improvements to the hoop shelter. I dragged 4 of those super heavy pallets to the sheep lot and put 2 on each side to block wind. Now with the 2 Quonset hits, there is plenty of room for them to get out of the weather. It looks quite cozy now!

View attachment 54060

View attachment 54061
That does look cozy. Be careful not to hurt yourself (knee) Dragging and moving heavy things.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That does look cozy. Be careful not to hurt yourself (knee) Dragging and moving heavy things.
If I can’t pick it up, that’s a pretty good indication that I shouldn’t. :ya Soooo I just drag/walk it to where I want it to go. The 2 pallets across the back are lighter and I put them in the back of the truck and drove them there.:lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbor asked about the grass in my back field. I said it was ok for his cows to graze it. He opened the gate and they lost no time in finding the grass. When I fed the sheep, the cows came up to see if I had something for them. Sheba didn’t like that. She stood between the cows and her sheep, having a stare down contest.

EEDE54D5-9C6C-4DF8-A26E-9432B20971AC.jpeg

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, @baymule it takes twice as long as we want it to, just to get back to some form of normal. I still do not have the strength and stamina I had, with the bad knees... and it is VERY FRUSTRATING.... Plus, I gained weight the 2 years before with the ankle replacement and the knees hurting so much... and now cannot seem to take it off. Been doing a "calorie" watch.... careful of intake... and since I am not a big snack person, don't keep much in the house anyway.. it is hard to cut things that most people suggest. Averaging 1000 calories a day and many times less... Again, my fathers side of the family is all pretty "sturdy" built... so I come by it with genes too... but I am going to try to get back to some more disciplined exercising because I hate the lack of stamina and energy....
I just need to get off my butt and DO MORE....
The cold seems to get to me more too... maybe the metal parts attract the cold ??? :(:lol:o_O:hit. That doesn't get me out in the cold doing stuff like I should....
I'm not sure if it is the same in humans as it is in dogs, but in dogs gut bacteria play a big role in how easy it is to gain weight. Here's the best link I can find on what we know about gut bacteria/weight in humans: https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/do-gut-bacteria-inhibit-weight-loss

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw cows in my front field. The fence is taken down by the house, I called Peggy. The cows came down the driveway fence to my yard fence. I ran out with a broom and shooed them back up to the front fence. Bennett came on his 4 wheeler and with his dog. He got all but 4 back in his lot. They had broken off a fence post and the fence fell over. 4 cows got in the woods by the house, which drove the dogs nuts. They were barking crazy, still barking when I went to sleep at 10:30, lulled off to sleep, knowing my sheep were safe from marauding cow monsters.