Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

Bennet’s cousin, Lee’s cows got out. So they got someone else to help Cowboy those cows, plus dogs and came back with nary a cow. Cows scattered in all directions. It’s a mix of open pastures and thick woods and lousy fences. The truck and trailer went back towards Bennet’s and Bennet on horseback. Then here come some cows, just a running, they veered off into the 40 acres on the other side of me and disappeared. I sent a text to Peggy and pretty soon, here come Bennet and Lee in a truck, looking around. They just came back on horseback with dogs. It will be dark in an hour. If the cows go through that fence, they may wind up on a clear cut that has hundreds of acres.
So that’s been the afternoon excitement here. I was thinking of @farmerjan on BYH and how she doesn’t put up with crazy cows. It seems that’s all Lee has! Hahaha! Keeping my front gate closed, don’t want a bunch of stupid cows in here.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son left this morning for a job in Oklahoma. He found a RV park right across the road from the job. He’ll get set up and be at work Monday morning.

We were going to move the portable building to the farm, but with impending storm and him having to get a few more things done, it’s still at his house. But at least we got it emptied out. When he comes back, maybe for Thanksgiving or Christmas, he can move it over here. I’ll need to frame up a new door frame, he smacked it with the tractor. Door is kinda inset now. LOL

Less than 2 weeks to Thanksgiving and I’m not prepared. I’m going to concentrate on getting boards painted for shelf tower I’m going to build in the utility room. I have kitchen stuff sitting on the table with nowhere to put it. Mobile home cabinets leave a lot to be desired.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son left this morning for a job in Oklahoma. He found a RV park right across the road from the job. He’ll get set up and be at work Monday morning.

We were going to move the portable building to the farm, but with impending storm and him having to get a few more things done, it’s still at his house. But at least we got it emptied out. When he comes back, maybe for Thanksgiving or Christmas, he can move it over here. I’ll need to frame up a new door frame, he smacked it with the tractor. Door is kinda inset now. LOL

Less than 2 weeks to Thanksgiving and I’m not prepared. I’m going to concentrate on getting boards painted for shelf tower I’m going to build in the utility room. I have kitchen stuff sitting on the table with nowhere to put it. Mobile home cabinets leave a lot to be desired.
I remember the winter he spent in western IOWA, he did not like it. :tongueOklahoma is not much nicer. :confused:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
28F this morning! The pastures are frosty Frimplepants is round as a barrel but not bagging up yet. She sure looks miserable. Ewenique and a few others are getting big bellies.
It’s 100% rain tomorrow. Tuesday Chris and I are going to tear down dog pen at sons house, it’s horse panels. Bring them here and extend the front yard fence for Cooper. Also going to get my sheep working gates and hopefully get them set up too. Going to tear down the fence I put up in front of the pond at sons house. I’ll bring the 2 cow panels here, leave the piece of sheep and goat wire there to go into making a backyard fence at sons house.

I need to get the cabinet off the wall in the little utility room. That’s where the shelves are going to go. I can make them 22” deep, that’s out to the light switch on the left and the inside AC/heat unit on the right. Then I have to Kilz that patch of wall, texture and paint it.

2E3D43F4-4862-412A-BE9F-45C45DAB06F6.jpeg

I’m painting boards in the big utility room, too cold to paint outside.

8A8C6C90-2F4A-4DAA-B8EF-E706C9B2EBD0.jpeg

Thought I’d show y’all the future tear down buildings that I have to use now because I got nothing else. We emptied the portable building I brought from Lindale but didn’t have time to move it.

2DD913DA-3A2E-445C-823A-E1A8747BE81E.jpeg

Big heavy stuff went into a container at sons house. Lighter stuff came here. Most of it went in the building that has doors. Both that and the open front building have dirt floors. I put down pallets and screwed down plywood scraps to make a floor in the part that has doors. On the far right of the open front building is a nook with a pallet-plywood floor and that’s where the feed metal trash cans are. I put down pallets at the back of it and have lumber laid down on them. Son brought his big mower, it’s parked in there now, I’ll have to make room for the mule when I get it back. Mule is getting engine overhaul right now.

When I tear this down, I’ll salvage all I can to use elsewhere. I want to tear down the open front first, build bigger storage/shop, then tear down part with doors and build a carport for truck and tractor. In the meantime I’m just glad to have something that is useable. Ugly, starting to rot, but useable. LOL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are too busy, you are making me feel like a sloth!
I’m in low gear. Haven’t been cleared for lifting heavy stuff, so doing my best to take it easy.

Well Duh! AZ over OK in winter. Hmm....
I got a feeling he’s gonna regret this. LOL Underlying reason, didn’t want to be so far away that he’d miss Thanksgiving and Christmas. He hates cold. He rolled his truck some 12 years ago and broke his neck. Neck hurts when it’s cold.

Latest posts